PDA

View Full Version : Multi deck island deli case

joe magee
06-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Does anybody else have problems making temp on the top shelves or corners of these cases? I have modified them by installing axial fans in the corners, installed higher rpm evap fans tweaked the baffles etc. They never seem to make temp and fail health. You end up driving the suction in the toilet and add more defrost.Non perishables usually end up in the corners of these cases.

Magoo
06-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Too much air flow will air con the shop, the main idea is slow airflow to engolf the interior volume without dragging too much external air.slow and easy. Imagine a cover over the front, then remove cover without any effect on system.

joe magee
07-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Airflow on these case is 125 fpm. Not much. A+15 evap with a 31 da. It would be nice to put doors on all cases. Customers like them and salesman will sell them. All show no go.

lawrence1
07-11-2010, 02:51 AM
These cases also hate draughts and air registers blowing at them.Never seen one that really works well,,,they were designed to look good for the retailer not much grey matter went into the mechanical workings of them.

joe magee
07-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Manufactures are having a harder time designing cases that meet health and energy requirements.

What does the health department in your country require for temps on commercial equipment?

Where I live they use an infrared gun to check surface temp. Anything below 40 degrees is ok.

Somtimes they will probe the product to check core temp. Then it's below 38:off topic:

Gary
07-11-2010, 05:35 PM
I have seen cases with ice build-up inside the walls blocking airflow. Might be worth checking.

mikeref
07-11-2010, 11:10 PM
These cases also hate draughts and air registers blowing at them.Never seen one that really works well,,,they were designed to look good for the retailer not much grey matter went into the mechanical workings of them.
The smaller markets that do not have airconditioning really make the cases performance miserable. Been having a loosing battle for years with the elements, moisture and warm air whipping the cooling process right out the door.

joe magee
08-11-2010, 03:42 PM
I appreciate the feedback. Magoo you might be on to something. There is a point where too much airflow will cause spillage. The markets where I live install this type of case by the front door. The airflow gets disrupted and they become Magnets for dust. The perforated diffusers under the center column get plugged with dirt. The combination of low evap temps, low airflow and dirty diffusers are frost buildup on the coil