PDA

View Full Version : refrigeration unit not working

rbbopa71
19-10-2010, 06:31 PM
hi, i have a little suzuki carry van with a refrigeration unit on top that has stoped working, you turn it on in the cab and you can hear it try to start and the nothing, could it be out of gas or maybe a gas leek???
dont want to chuck lots of money at it
please help

bruisermac
19-10-2010, 09:11 PM
take a look if the compressor clutch is engaging (center portion should be turning). if its NOT then i would look for some ovious oil stains on fittings or hoses etc...or you could do the right thing and take it to a proper shop to avoid anymore downtime.

djbe
19-10-2010, 09:21 PM
hi, i have a little suzuki carry van with a refrigeration unit on top that has stoped working, you turn it on in the cab and you can hear it try to start and the nothing, could it be out of gas or maybe a gas leek???
dont want to chuck lots of money at it
please help

Could be something, could be nothing.

Suggest you find a local reputable engineer to point you in the right direction. They should be able to give you a good idea of repair costs.

And, if you do find someone don't try and stiff them on their initial charge for inspection if you don't like the diagnosis.;)

oscar mcgrath
21-10-2010, 06:29 PM
some units are controlled by a pressure switch for the fans on the condenser(the top bit out side the van),now its got colder they may not run all the time.Is it cooling?What make is the chiller/freezer?

rbbopa71
02-11-2010, 07:33 PM
what bsort of shop would i be looking for?