PDA

View Full Version : Hotpoint Future Fridge RLA54P

gewilkes
12-10-2010, 07:31 PM
HI there EVERBODY.
I Have a problem with my Hotpoint Future Fridge RLA54P it will not settle down to a cool temp it's now starting to freeze everything in the fridge, tried moving the dial in the front to 1 or 5 but it still the same any help.
Cheers
Gerry

Jeff Winsor
13-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Hi
My own same model went the same and was short of refrigerant.
It is on r600 so probably needs leak finding and repairing and recharging with correct amount of refrigerant.
In my case I changed to r413a because of reported problems with r600 and capillary systems.

spimps
13-10-2010, 08:25 PM
If it's freezing "everything" on every shelf it isn't due to loss of reigerant because it's freezing capacity is reduced pro rata to the amount of refgierant loss.
If you have a section of the evaporator which is forming a large peice of ice which is not defrosting it could be loss of refigerant or poor compressor performance.
Try pushing with your finger against the back inner wall (evaporator) if the plastic liner easily pushes in it is likely to have come away from backing (common fault) and would be scrap.
Also the thermostat phial is routed down a channel to sense temp at evaporator,,it is only taped into position and can also come loose causing constant freezing,it's embedded in theback wall insulation and can't really be repaired so again it's a scrapper.
Typical of the quality thats on the market now.
R600a works fine and as for changing to another refigerant R 600a working pressure is considerably lower than the alternatives so introducing R413a which has charactaristics of r12 and consequently subjecting the system to higher than design pressures.

mikeref
14-10-2010, 01:08 AM
Where is Hotpointcarl, he's the resident tech for this brand