PDA

View Full Version : Parker ammonia float switch

JONSY
22-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Is there any problem with servicing an ll float switch by removing the see thru cover. It warns you not to.

NH3LVR
23-09-2010, 01:30 AM
If you mean servicing the switch inside the cover I do not believe you can. The cover does not come off. It is well sealed and if you break that seal moisture will be certain to get in.
But for the last several years they have been installing a fuse on the bottom of the switch which is easy to miss. Check that first.

Grizzly
23-09-2010, 05:46 AM
If you mean servicing the switch inside the cover I do not believe you can. The cover does not come off. It is well sealed and if you break that seal moisture will be certain to get in.
But for the last several years they have been installing a fuse on the bottom of the switch which is easy to miss. Check that first.

Very informative NH3LVR!
Many Thanks Grizzly.

JONSY
23-09-2010, 07:39 PM
I have a feeling that the float switch I am dealing with is fine, but the housing underneath it we believe to be clogged with oil which is effecting its operation, do you know of any way to remove the oil without dismantling the float assembly.

charlie n
23-09-2010, 09:16 PM
These float balls don't like cold oil. this has to be isolated, warmed up and drained. The float chamber is a welded assembly & can't be opened without cutting the steel.
Is there a drain valve on the liquid column or is the lower connection sloped to a drain?