PDA

View Full Version : Zanotti Uniblock

matt.yelland
18-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Hiya all,

Came across a unit yesterday with a fault on the compressor solid stat relay. Im told that you can fit a Carel MasterCella Controller to the unit.

Does anybody have a wiring diagram, or know where I can get one from.

Its a MSP121TO13G. 646478A

Many thanks

Matt

Grizzly
18-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Hiya all,

Came across a unit yesterday with a fault on the compressor solid stat relay. Im told that you can fit a Carel MasterCella Controller to the unit.

Many thanks

Matt

Hi Matt.
No matter how hard i look on Zannotti's website through the various Unibloc options.
I cannot find a MSP model.
Do you have any more info on the unit?
Grizzly

r.bartlett
18-09-2010, 10:40 PM
Hiya all,

Many thanks

Matt

The start relay is knackered so you want to change the controller -how's that going to make the compressor work?

matt.yelland
18-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Hi Matt.
No matter how hard i look on Zannotti's website through the various Unibloc options.
Grizzly

Hiya Grizzly

What other info do you need? I will try and dive in monday am to get it. Will grab the measurements for you<!-- / message -->

matt.yelland
18-09-2010, 10:56 PM
The start relay is knackered so you want to change the controller -how's that going to make the compressor work?

Hiya r.bartlett

I have spoken to Zanotti and they dont make this controller anymore. I just want a wiring diagram for the condensing unit. Ive never fitted these Carel controllers before.

Hi Matt.
Grizzly<!-- / message -->

Hiya Grizzly,

What other info would you like. Its on R22, Capillary line, will dive in monday to grab the measurements.

Tayters
18-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Back in the day I ordered Zanotti parts from A.F.R. Refrigeration, Wandsworth.

Their number is 0208 875 1999.

I always found them helpful and they seemed to know their stuff.

Cheers,

Andy.

Edit:
Some of the stuff we worked on had faulty controllers. They were some type of badged Fosters unit and new bits cost a bomb. Instead it was cheaper (and quicker) to fit a mechanical thermostat, contactor, timeclock if required and ditch the electronics completely.

r.bartlett
18-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Hi Matt.
Grizzly

It's not a uniblock:D
http://premierrentals.com.au/split-system-chiller-1145w.html

r.bartlett
18-09-2010, 11:26 PM
Hiya r.bartlett

I have spoken to Zanotti and they dont make this controller anymore. I just want a wiring diagram for the condensing unit. Ive never fitted these Carel controllers before.

The condenser will contain
one fan
one compressor
and maybe
one sol valve
one cch

the indoor will be
fans
electric defrost
and maybe the sol valve -if fitted- and not in condenser

Not rocket science in all honesty...

The carel comes with a wiring diag which will explain what to feed off which relay. Just remember you need to link the live up to the common on each relay (defrost, comp fans etc) as it's not done internally via the PCB

matt.yelland
18-09-2010, 11:35 PM
R.Barlett

Ok, thanks for your help. Im kind of a horder of wiring diagrams, so if you have a link or any other data, would be greatly appreciated.

Back in the day I ordered Zanotti parts from A.F.R. Refrigeration, Wandsworth.

Their number is 0208 875 1999.

I always found them helpful and they seemed to know their stuff.

Cheers,

Andy.

Hiya Andy

That the number that I have, I just have them in my phone as Zanotti.

Thanks again

monkey spanners
18-09-2010, 11:44 PM
With this sort of job i'd just take all the wires off and start as it it was a coldroom system i had made from parts.
All the earths go to earth, thats a third of the problem solved, then all of the neutrals go to neutral and thats two thirds solved, that only leaves the lives.

Why not ask AFR if they can fax a wiring diagram to you if that would help?

Jon :)

Grizzly
19-09-2010, 07:01 AM
It's not a uniblock:D
http://premierrentals.com.au/split-system-chiller-1145w.html

Thanks for the correction!
Grizzly

acb
20-09-2010, 11:11 PM
hiya, if its a uniblock with a h-gas solenoid you can fit an elliwell id974 240v controller and it will sit inside the housing and is compatable with ptc and ntc probes, or if its a seperate condensing unit you can fit the carel master controller you were asking about, both of these come with a wiring diagram and are very easy to set up.

regards alex