PDA

View Full Version : ac overload

waylew
04-09-2010, 05:17 AM
I am not a refrigeration mechanic but i am after some advice. Can anyone help me ? I have a small ridig truck that has a fridge van on the back,the fridge van has Thermo King v-250 model 20 refrigeration unit mounted on the front . when in use the unit works well for a while then shuts down and shows ac overload on the cab monitor . Can anyone tell me what may be causing this problem? Thank you kindest regards Wayne.

chemi-cool
04-09-2010, 07:21 AM
The first thing is to check the amp it is pulling and compare to the setting of the OL.

If it is in the range, than you need a fridgy to check the system.

tonyelian
05-09-2010, 07:38 PM
hi
you have to check dirty condenser and its fan those things can also make the over load trips off

abbsnowman
06-09-2010, 06:19 AM
Most common problem with those units is the bridge rectafier. There may also be issue with the standby motor but with info given, hard to say.

cooltruck
14-09-2010, 08:34 PM
hi
having worked on a few these i have found that when the motor starts to get worn you can sometimes get away with fitting a delay timer to the compressor clutch.so the clutch engauges after the motor starts.:)

djbe
16-09-2010, 08:55 PM
hi
having worked on a few these i have found that when the motor starts to get worn you can sometimes get away with fitting a delay timer to the compressor clutch.so the clutch engauges after the motor starts.:)

?????:confused:

abbsnowman
17-09-2010, 10:35 PM
hi

Huh? They have a delay already. (At least the ones over here do.)