PDA

View Full Version : walk in freezer smokey

andyc425
26-08-2010, 04:11 PM
hey guys had another enquiry by a chef he says his walk in freezer builds up with wat appears to be smoke further too this blows out a funny smell iv checked the coils no ice build up i cant see signs of anything burnt its on an auto defrost cycle twice a day could this have anything to do with it any ideas let me no im pickling my brain over this

chemi-cool
26-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Doe's he smoke inside the freezer? :D

Usually the fans stop running when you open the door, could any of them is on its way and the smell is of burned winding insulation?

You did not mention the type of defrost, could something touches the heating elements? [If there are any]

sedgy
26-08-2010, 04:53 PM
hi andy, if there is smoke in the freezer , turn it off and get it cheaked out, usually its frost haze, nothing to wory about, sedgy,

andyc425
26-08-2010, 05:06 PM
lol i dnt think he having a quik puff in the freezer but il ask,frost haze probably best bet ,but il defo check the heating elements out, what did u mean by winding insulation?

goshen
26-08-2010, 06:04 PM
lol i dnt think he having a quik puff in the freezer but il ask,frost haze probably best bet ,but il defo check the heating elements out, what did u mean by winding insulation?
Hi:
yes when the unit finishes its defrost cycle the fan is only turned on after a set delay to prevent this"smoke"if the fan is turned on while coil is warm and room is cold you get a smoky experience!:cool:

lowcool
27-08-2010, 02:21 AM
increase drain time after defrost and fan delay is probably to short

fridge doctor
29-08-2010, 06:27 PM
If chef goes in towards the end of a defrost - perfectly normal experience.

Toolman
12-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Nah man I had this the other day couldn't see anything at first , its the fan delay klixon on the end of the coil ( 3 wire job ) its cooking internally

Deniver45
12-09-2010, 03:48 AM
hey guys had another enquiry by a chef he says his walk in freezer builds up with wat appears to be smoke further too this blows out a funny smell iv checked the coils no ice build up i cant see signs of anything burnt its on an auto defrost cycle twice a day could this have anything to do with it any ideas let me no im pickling my brain over this
If it is not a bad fan motor.........I hade one SMOKE last week; but you can smell that a MILE away!

a bad fan termination switch during defrost could cause the fans to run while the heaters are fired and would throw a MIST in the air.

Defrost cuts the fans and fires the heaters, then the other sensor senses that the coil is icing and then it turns the fans back on to ensure water wont be misted all over the box.

Check that out and maybe that could be it.