PDA

View Full Version : Walk in cooler & walk in coolers

henrymark
17-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Hey Everyone
I just bought a convenience store and right now refurbishing it. I would need your suggestions on how to make it better. What do you people expect from such stores beside the usual stuff? Décor ideas are welcome too. Also the old walk in cooler is too dilapidated and needs to be replaced. Can anybody suggest a good company that offers heavy duty and customable walk in coolers? I live in a small town so I need a company that can follow up with reliable after sales services. If they can offer equipment on lease or instalments then it’s even better as my budget is not very big for walk in coolers. I noticed Bush Refrigerators in few stores across the city. I would like to know if anyone here has any experience with them.

frank
17-08-2010, 04:25 PM
The convenience stores in Australia have half of their floor space adapted as a cold room where all of the beer products are stored (and milk for those that drink it).

Saves on having a seperate walk in cooler.

Bit cold though when you go in wearing your shorts and vest to buy a slab of tinnies :D

Brian_UK
17-08-2010, 11:05 PM
It might help your quest if you mentioned where in the USA you live.

It's a big place and it won't help if answers come from Texas when you need a company in Oregon.

FEISTY
18-08-2010, 02:43 AM
Here in Illinois we find quite a bit of Norlake, U.S.Cooler, Vulcan, and Tafco. I would also suggest you contact your commercial insurance company who issues your food loss coverage. They have specs on loss payouts and what equipment is most reliable on paper. If they have to pay out if you go down, they like to see you deal with the safest equipment. Also, go to the larger supermarket and " club " stores in your area. If you ask the stockers and dept. managers, they will usually let you know what is running in the back room. Since they have to clean up the mess after the breakdown, you should find out what they like and/or what isn't serviced that often. Good luck.