PDA

View Full Version : Internal wall mounted split's

Beek
16-08-2010, 12:22 PM
hey guys, been doing a few splits for a builder, mainly on external double brick walls.

I'm needing to mount some head units on internal brick wall's in living rooms, with outside unit to be mounted on tiled roof.

Does anyone chase these copper pipes into the brick? what condensor pumps do you use if any? do you just use plastic capping on inside wall that runs alot one side of head unit then striaght up into the ceiling?

or any other ways to have a clean and neat finish.

Poss any pictures.

In WA we don't have studs walls, very rare

regards

Andrew

paul_h
17-08-2010, 11:40 AM
If a small room, shove them in a corner near an external wall if possible. I know it's horrible, but better than a pump and pipe capping in the room.
Or better yet, find an internal wall backing onto a cupboard and do the penetration through the wall out out to the ceiling on the other side.
Not possible the chase the pipes, the bend would be too sharp I think. Costly to try attempt anyway.

If a large room, try to get a ceiling cassette split instead.

If no other option, I use the pumps made to fit the pipe ducting elbow, (from airefrig) and put the pipe duct up from the indoor and into the ceiling.
Looks terrible, but that's what they get if they are too cheap to pay for a ceiling cassette.