PDA

View Full Version : Your experience?

buddy
11-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Dear All,

I know this may be an open ended question but in your most recent experience which is the most reliable electronic Pack control system with remote monitoring/alarms that doesnt break down, give false alarms or you have to change sensors every five minutes?

You could also say this question is linked to service support of the manufacturer?

Some say RDM, others Danfoss, Novar etc

Opinions are kindly invited especially those of you who live in hot humid climates or have wide disparity of temp and humidity between the seasons.

Best regards

coolhibby1875
11-08-2010, 10:04 AM
HI Buddy, i would put RDM as the least reliable, at first they were great, but as the last few years they have moved there manufacturing to China and are using cheap components, so in my opinion if your wanting cheap controllers go for rdm, if your wanting good pack controllers go for cpc or danfoss, again in my opinion they are robust but more importantly they are very reliable and user friendly.

lawrence1
11-08-2010, 11:41 PM
CPC Einstein E2,,,,,,EXCELLENT

750 Valve
15-08-2010, 04:36 AM
CPC Einstein E2,,,,,,EXCELLENT

+1 for E2's, they are sensational.

I would not run my worst enemies home AC on a Danfoss 255 at the moment, they have slipped a lot from the 55 by trying to integrate ADAP KOOL and AKCess systems into the one controller. All they end up doing is stuffing it up royally and produce yet another version which has bugs in the programming.

Peter_1
15-08-2010, 08:07 AM
See you're from the Uk, we have very good experience with RMS, now RCS Energy Systems from Newbury Berkshire.
Very good product, good prices and very good technical support.
http://www.rcsenergymanagement.co.uk/

coolhibby1875
15-08-2010, 12:23 PM
See you're from the Uk, we have very good experience with RMS, now RCS Energy Systems from Newbury Berkshire.
Very good product, good prices and very good technical support.
http://www.rcsenergymanagement.co.uk/

fair point peter i forgot about those, these are good controllers but a bit cumbersome, and over engineered, but the technical suport is second to none, they are happy to speak to anyone on the phone and talk you through your fault, unlike rdm may i add!!

buddy
15-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Do RCS operate in the UK market?

Silhouette
15-08-2010, 06:11 PM
RCS were the sole supplier for J Sainsburys up until a few years ago, supplying all the pack and evaporator controllers. Now JS use a mix of Carel, RCS & RDM!!:eek:
The RCS pack, case and coldstore controllers are very easy to use and they have a very good front end as well.