PDA

View Full Version : spitting out icicles

tichyt
10-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Hi, I am new to this. so any help will be valid. On the weekend I did a small job 'changing a pump'. The problem being the unit is spitting out icicles. After installing a new one the unit still remains the same. the unit is a wall mounted 'Samsung'. Any help will be appreciated. What may be the problem? thanks

nike123
10-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Dirty filter!

tichyt
10-08-2010, 10:59 PM
which filters in particular? the front filters have been checked and cleaned. thanks for any help.

lawrence1
11-08-2010, 04:55 AM
Short of gas (Panasonic do this)or a blocked drain,,,or the drain has a trap in it.

nike123
11-08-2010, 06:36 AM
which filters in particular? the front filters have been checked and cleaned. thanks for any help.
Low air flow makes whole evaporator temperature too low and ice is formed on it. If icicles are formed on louvers or some other parts of indoor unit that mean that air off temperature is below 0°C and that could be because there is not enough air flow. It could be dirty heat exchanger or dirty fan cage or faulty fan motor.
If ice is only on one part of heat exchanger (low evaporation temperature-high superheat) than problem may be with lack of refrigerant or restriction in system.
Make sure you have correct air flow before anything else is done.

tichyt
11-08-2010, 04:56 PM
thanks guys for any help given.

tichyt
17-08-2010, 10:57 AM
update: i cleaned the air intake of the condencer (it was very dirty, thats putting it nicely). unit working fine now.