PDA

View Full Version : No Power to FCU

finalheaven
10-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Hi all i am new to this so bare with me :)

I am not getting any power to my fan coil unit spur, there is power at the circuit breaker, but there's no power from the breaker to the unit. Have checked all wiring (amoured cable) and there seams to be no damage. Any advice please.

B G Scott
10-08-2010, 08:41 AM
Have you checked on the breaker terminal, is it live.
If the SWA cable is it multi-core has the wrong core been connected at the termination end, check the continuity of both the live and neutral from the breaker to the termination point.
Easy way to check, isolate the circuit at the breaker end and disconnect the neutral at the supply point, at the other end join the live and neutral together and test both lines for continuity at the supply point.

jimbo82
10-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Do you have an isolator in the circuit next to the outdoor unit? I had one once that another electrician had installed and it was clearly brand new, I had to run a bigger cable to it as he had got it wrong and then when I 'turned on' the unit it didn't work in front of the customer! Turned out the isolator that had been supplied was faulty and only made contact after 3 or 4 quick snapping it on's. Took 20 mins or so of head scratching and running around with the meter to work that one out. So all my work was OK, and I got to blame the other guy. Well in all fairness I explained it was the isolators fault and I had used heaps of them before without any problems but of course this time it had to.

nike123
10-08-2010, 06:09 PM
I am not getting any power to my fan coil unit spur, there is power at the circuit breaker, but there's no power from the breaker to the unit.

Than circuit breaker is faulty.

lowcool
11-08-2010, 01:22 PM
some breakers need to be tripped manually to reset,i think its heinemen they may not look tripped but they are.

cold.man
11-08-2010, 02:10 PM
is the FCU connected via a control panel?
is it an A/C system or coldroom?
if from a control panel is there a contactor for FCU?
you could possibly even have a neutral down.
more info on control system required?

finalheaven
12-08-2010, 06:35 AM
manythanks for replys it was a fulty breaker, cant work out why as it has been working fine for 20 years + lol

goshen
13-08-2010, 05:28 AM
manythanks for replys it was a fulty breaker, cant work out why as it has been working fine for 20 years + lol
hi:
some things last forever cb's dont!:d

lowcool
13-08-2010, 01:30 PM
hit the manufacturer up for warranty!