PDA

View Full Version : Trane RTAA low super heat

lee0030
04-08-2010, 01:10 AM
I have a trane rtaa chiller that stops on latch fault low super heat. I've checked the temp sensors and the charge. A co worker says he rebuilt the EXV. I was watching it today and the pressures looked good. then when I turned my back the suction dropped off and it locked out. It was 1.5f above setpoint. I hear alot of chatter from the discharge end dont think its coming from the loader/unloader solenoids. Wondering if it is the slide valve. Local Trane repes. have only said we can set up a service call.

Lowrider
04-08-2010, 07:26 PM
check the sensors, right after the EXV and after the evaporator. see if they are correct

Lcesposito
27-11-2010, 02:06 PM
having the same problem on a rtaa 215 shutdown on 191 code low superheat runs great for a week when outside temp is 50 degrees or greater, but as soon as outside temp drops circuit shuts down.

Gary
27-11-2010, 05:26 PM
First check the airflow through both coils. If there is insufficient airflow through either coil, this will adversely affect temperatures and pressures throughout the system. Always check airflow first.

CV_Geardrive
29-11-2010, 07:42 AM
Hi,
Check if you have severe fluctuations of water flow.
If it is OK then you should have problem with the sensors or you have to open the EXV and clean it.
The noise you hear in the compressor is probably liquid suction due to low superheat. Check the discharge temperature when this is happening.
But this post is very old and the problem should be solved by now!!!
Lcesposito your problem may the same but with different causes.
Let us know more info about your problem, observations and checks till now.
Regards

serviceman
30-11-2010, 04:58 PM
RTAA machine is for comfort or brine? correct refrigerant charge? the heat load is appropriate? when was the last time you clean the water filters? over the noise of a compressor is check the oil level in oil separators?