PDA

View Full Version : walk-in start-up (hot)

airmechanix
25-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Im looking for some basic rules that should be applied to starting up a walk-in. How is the charge initially set until the box can reach temperature enough to properly adjust?

Thx in advance

monkey spanners
25-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Im looking for some basic rules that should be applied to starting up a walk-in. How is the charge initially set until the box can reach temperature enough to properly adjust?

Thx in advance

What refrigerant, design temp, txv or cap?, tell us more about your system.

Depends a lot on system configuration, the desired room temp, and the ambient temp.

System may not have a problem coping with pull down, or it may have a mop txv, a cpr valve, or the evap fans may be cycled till the room temp is at an acceptable level so that the compressor isn't overloaded.

I would say you don't want to adjust anything till the room is at or near design temperature.

Jon :)

coolhibby1875
25-07-2010, 07:46 PM
What refrigerant, design temp, txv or cap?, tell us more about your system.

Depends a lot on system configuration, the desired room temp, and the ambient temp.

System may not have a problem coping with pull down, or it may have a mop txv, a cpr valve, or the evap fans may be cycled till the room temp is at an acceptable level so that the compressor isn't overloaded.

I would say you don't want to adjust anything till the room is at or near design temperature.

do you get walk in's with capilary's ?

monkey spanners
25-07-2010, 08:03 PM
do you get walk in's with capilary's ?

Not often but i think some Zanotti stuff has cap tubes despite being a split system.

(just trying to get a mental picture of the system airmechanix is working on, i'm certainly no expert on walk ins, or anything for that matter :D)

airmechanix
26-07-2010, 12:01 AM
Its actually a wine room using a 1/2 hp copeland condenser, R22 with constant pressure expansion valve and pump down solenoid trying to maintain 55 degrees