PDA

View Full Version : Condenser Fan Runs Continuously

medihvac
22-07-2010, 01:50 PM
I recently had a leak from the low pressure control switch which caused low ***** in the system for some time. It has been replaced and the ***** has been added to the correct pressure. The condenser normally has two fans that cycle on and off. Since the ***** loss, one of the fans has run continuously whether or not the compressor is running while the other fan turns on only during start up of the compressor and then turns off during shutdown of the compressor. What is causing this fan to run continuously? Contactor looks ok. The fans look to be controlled individually by a pressure control located near the contactor. The only way I can get the continually running fan to stop is to disconnect one of the leads from the pressure control heads.

monkey spanners
22-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Sounds like the fan cycling pressure switch has gone bad, you will need to check what pressure it switches at, or it is possible depending on where it is sensing the pressure that it has been left valved off by the tech who recharged the system after fixing the leak, this should not be possible but sometimes is due to system configuration.
Something else to check is the settings on the scale, if its a adjustable hp switch.

Grizzly
22-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Hi Medihavac.
Another posibility to MS's excellant suggestion should that not be the problem.
Is that the fan pressure swith is wired into the L.P. switch circuit.
Which has been relaced but either set up or wired incorrectly.
This should be simple to confirm with a multi meter!
Grizzly

littleyapper
22-07-2010, 10:11 PM
what is the head pressue??/back pressure
maybe some air in the system ..normally one fan would come on with comp the other fan controlled on head pressue ... if their is air it will lead to high head low back ....
but i would check out the other two replies first.

old gas bottle
22-07-2010, 10:16 PM
was it vaced out and charged corectly ?may have air in the system,was the lp set above "0"psi operating.;)