PDA

View Full Version : defrost troubleshooting!

todd!!
21-07-2010, 12:39 AM
first timer hear be gentle,i have a daikin ducted system rzyq8py1 out door unit and fdyq200mv1 inside unit, having trouble defrosting it gets to 2'to-2 degrees most frosty nights,we have had tech`s looking at it and they replaced the gas and the sensors in the outside unit,when the build up of ice is too much on the unit it starts to blow cool air inside and trys to heat up to temp for ages.:rolleyes: when it does defrost it goes for about 20 mins and still doesnt completly defrost,there for ices up.the coils that run in between the grills should they run hot! when defrosting?ours dont feel warm to touch..... any tips or ideas would be great.thanx!

todd!!
22-07-2010, 12:40 AM
any one???? pplleeaassee.....

Crash Pilot
22-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Todd

The problem with defrost issues is there could be 101 different reasons why the unit is not defrosting properly.
To determine the cause of the problem be would need alot of information that only a tech on site with the right equipment could tell us.

One thing is if they have changed the gas then they need to run the unit through a test operation. This also needs to be done correctly when the unit is installed.

To diagnose properly we would need to know.

Airflow across indoor coil.
Outdoor fan speed
Air temp on indoor and outdoor coils
Inverter frequency during running and defrost.
The pressures during normal running and defrost.
Sensor locations
Field code settings if adjusted
and this is just the start.

This combination is also an Australian combination sold in Australia only.

todd!!
22-07-2010, 09:05 AM
crash pilot, thanks for reply i think i was hopeing for a easier fix,sounds a lot more involved than i thought..... tanx anyways!!!!!!!

paul_h
22-07-2010, 09:21 AM
He's just pulling the wool over your eyes.
Troubleshooting is always simple and easy.
We just make up terms and data to make some manager's life more complicated. Just so they don't look so smart and can't be at the pub at 4pm de-stressing after telling people how simple everything is all day. ;)