PDA

View Full Version : NVQ Level 3

SkyWalker
14-07-2010, 09:15 PM
hi guys, I will be returning to college in September to study NVQ level 3, got some time from now until then so was hoping to do some studying in the mean time, i was hoping you guys who have been there done it could tell me where my time would be best spent studying?

Tayters
18-07-2010, 09:46 PM
I finished the Level 3 this year with a year gap between level 2 and 3. I would recommend enjoying the summer, getting hold of paperwork for the portfolio and get a list of questions you'd like answered.

For me that was single phase compressor starters and how much subcooling and where on the system.
More questions arose during the year and as it goes through at such a pace there are still some aspects that I'm still not 100% confident on.

As you are probably well aware the learning curve will still continue (I class myself about 1/3 of the way along) and still spend time questioning faults I come across, the root cause and the best way to diagnose accuratley. Still there's plenty of info around, just gotta make your own time to pick stuff up and where time permits, take your own readings from working and non working systems and analyse them.

Not nearly enough practical work in the NVQ 3 but the theory was very informative.

Hope you enjoy it,

Cheers,

Andy.