PDA

View Full Version : Thermoking MRT3-1000 problems

andybessent
14-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Hi there, one of our coaches is fitted with a Thermoking MRT3-1000 system and a clima aire 2 controller. Every time theres a fairly hot day after approx 15 mins of use a red warning light comes up on the control unit and the system cuts out untill you turn it off and back on again. Apart from keep cutting out the system works really well. I have a list of what all the fault codes mean but dont know how to bring up the fault codes on this type of controller and Thermoking dont seem to want to release any information. Does anyone have any info on either this system or this type of control unit? any advise will be much appreciated, thanks.

andybessent
18-07-2010, 05:57 PM
When i had the coach in the other day i noticed that every few minutes the sight glass fills with bubbles and then goes clear again, and the compressor oil sight glass is very foamy. What could cause this, the other two coaches that have this system dont do it, and i dont believe the gas to be low. I was also told that when thermoking fitted a new compressor to it last year (which is when the fault started) there engineer couldnt get the system to run properly so he adjusted the TXV to get it to work. If the TXV is set wrong what happens? again any advice on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks