PDA

View Full Version : Parts required

Reeferman27
08-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Good day one and all. I am trying to find a replacement defrost/ comp control for a Caravell 2 door upright display chiller. I have tried several places but they have not come back to me, or in the case of one lady did not know what I was talking about??????
Can anybody help please. All my emails are bouncing back from caravell UK as undeliverable. I understand they are the same as, or very simmilar to Scanfrost units.
I am in the UK.

B G Scott
08-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Why not try a Dixel Universal, they replace almost all OEM fitted controls, need a bit of setting up but not rocket science.:)

Reeferman27
08-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Hi, it is not a controller but a sort of relay. 3 brass "fingers", common power feed to center, compresor on to one side, nothing on other, Motor turns cam which switches centre finger to either comp on or nothing. I assume it is a defrost timer of sorts. All inside a white plastic housing with a blue wheel/cam.

fazzamouse
08-07-2010, 08:36 PM
flash compact 24hour will do the job.

coolhibby1875
09-07-2010, 07:55 PM
what your looking for is a microrex timeclock, however due to the way you have posted this thread, id recommend you phone someone who knows what they are doing!

Reeferman27
09-07-2010, 10:14 PM
what your looking for is a microrex timeclock, however due to the way you have posted this thread, id recommend you phone someone who knows what they are doing!

Before you start condeming people you should think. I have been in the game for a few years now, always employed by companies, and have just started out on my own. If I cannot find a supplier through the internet or on the phone, despite giving model numbers and manufacturers details from labels attached, I will ask people who might know. Just because I am asked to repair a piece of equipment that is new, to me, have found the fault and am unable to find a part means I don't know what I am doing??????????
In the mean time what makes YOU think you know what you are talking about. The maker of the part is nothing like microrex, or are you using a generic term, as in Hoover for vacuum cleaner etc

Reeferman27
09-07-2010, 10:18 PM
flash compact 24hour will do the job.

Thanks for a sensible answer, Do you have a supplier I could contact. PM me with the details please, don't want to upset the Mods with advertising. ;)

coolhibby1875
10-07-2010, 03:55 PM
I am trying to find a replacement defrost/ comp control.

it is not a controller but a sort of relay. 3 brass "fingers.

I assume it is a defrost timer of sorts.

the above are quotes from your post in order, surely i can be excussed for my reply, first its a controller, then its not, then its a wee brass thingy, then you assume its a defrost timer! well we all no the saying about assumption. also to answer the question in your last post a microrex timeclock would do the job perfectly, and by the way im more a dyson man myself!

Reeferman27
11-07-2010, 10:37 PM
I now know that it is a off-cycle defrost timer, 8 hours running and 20 mins off. Perhaps my description was not the best but here is a picture of the replacement.

http://i7.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/fb/01/260b_1.JPG

Please wait
Image not available

coolhibby1875
12-07-2010, 12:43 PM
hi, this timer is a supco adjustable timer you can buy these from RPW there part number is L038 list price £29.42, like i said above a simple microrex timeclock will do the same job cost you around £17 from climate centrer!