PDA

View Full Version : new recovery system

devlin maguire
05-07-2010, 10:05 PM
I was visiting a freind in an area I dont do any work in, anyway we went for a few and on the way back we nipped into an offy, a guy was pulling gas out of a multi deck into a recovery bottle with an electrolux condensing set I have never gave this any thought before, but is that safe at first I thought he was vaccing out but then I saw the bottle He must use it all the time because it was on a pukka little dolly I have never really thought about what goes on with my reccy unit but there must be more to it
Dev

cool runings
05-07-2010, 10:24 PM
I was visiting a freind in an area I dont do any work in, anyway we went for a few and on the way back we nipped into an offy, a guy was pulling gas out of a multi deck into a recovery bottle with an electrolux condensing set I have never gave this any thought before, but is that safe at first I thought he was vaccing out but then I saw the bottle He must use it all the time because it was on a pukka little dolly I have never really thought about what goes on with my reccy unit but there must be more to it
Dev

You need to think what a recovery system is!!!

It is only a compressor and a condenser.

So if that system works for him, at least he is recovering.

The only thing it won't do is pull out liquid and there may be a problem with oil..

Coolrunnings

lowcool
06-07-2010, 01:41 AM
a cheap and reasonably effective unit especially if you have started working for yourself,you can still fit traps and oil sightglasses to be efficient,since oil less units have come in being less weight etc its worth the expense.
Also kirby brought out a yellow dome for the purpose of system evacuation but that was donkeys years ago.

devlin maguire
06-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Cheers guys I might give it a try myself in the workshop worth a try as I sometimes rebuild cabinets save hauling out the reccy unit from the car
Dev

lowcool
07-07-2010, 12:45 AM
remember it is only good for recovery,fitting of filters traps etc will make it good for reclaiming,used to use three different units one for 12,one for 502,one for 22.bit of a hassle but that was in the transition period many slabs ago.

Peter_1
07-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Dev

I did it this way -also with an Electrolux- for many years and t worked faster than the recovery units.
A colleague of mine, working mostly in supermarkets is using an old 2 HP BItzer to speed up recovering.
He even fitted the discharge line with a hand valve through the subcool coil in a liquid separator so he can evaporate the liquid faster in the separator.
Sometimes recovering with a 3/8 copper on the receiver.
They can bypass the condenser to purge the unit. This is going really fast this way. HE s

GHAZ
08-07-2010, 10:02 PM
a friend of mine got 1hp prestcold compressor unit and it does about 150kg gas in 3 hours

devlin maguire
09-07-2010, 06:45 PM
I think I would build one if someone would give me details
Dev