PDA

View Full Version : small capacity Evaporator Pressure Regulator

majo
22-06-2010, 07:57 PM
I have different smaller conditioning rooms suited with small 1/4 hp hermetic units.

Chamber is equipped with a small evap AND dehumidifying coil. I need to maintain the dehumidifying coil temp at about +3°C to avoid ice building up.

The problem is that most evap pressure regulators start at a size of 1/2" with capacities of ... - 2.5~2.9kW.

To avoid valve hunting at this small capacity, I am looking for a valve with smaller capacity ranges.

Anyone an idea which brand/type suits my installation?

regards,
Mario

sedgy
25-06-2010, 05:11 PM
hi majo, I have noticed your thread for a few days, but reading your thread, made me realise that you are talking about very small systems and then you say it has a de.humid coil aswell , but for us to appreceate what you have got is very difficult with the info you have given ,
q, have you got any heating to compencate for when you have de-humid on?
q- how many condencing units are on one < room< is there one on the cooling and one on the de-humid ?
majo , can you give us more info?

chemi-cool
25-06-2010, 05:17 PM
What about hot gas bypass or small heating element?

majo
04-07-2010, 11:33 AM
hi majo, I have noticed your thread for a few days, but reading your thread, made me realise that you are talking about very small systems and then you say it has a de.humid coil aswell , but for us to appreceate what you have got is very difficult with the info you have given ,
q, have you got any heating to compencate for when you have de-humid on?
Yesss...chambers are equipped with a 350W heating element.

q- how many condencing units are on one < room< is there one on the cooling and one on the de-humid ?
majo , can you give us more info?
There is 1 unit for both the evap and dehumid coils.
The dehumid coil has to be higher in temp. I've allready placed the evap temp regulator mentioned above (units -2,5kW) in an experimental chamber at the office. It's working fine, temp stays at a stable 3°C.
But I'm still afraid of valve hunting at certain conditions.

majo
14-07-2010, 09:08 PM
no one into smaller sh** ;)

oldesky
15-07-2010, 03:18 AM
I would suggest a small hot gas bypass valve similar to the ones used on small air dryers.