PDA

View Full Version : deep freeze cold room prob

cadwaladr
18-06-2010, 12:32 AM
i have a cold store about 8mtrsx8mtrsx3 mtrs it has two evaps,two 5hp prestcold condensing units with semi-hermetic compressors,the evaps are searle 240 running on r22 ,the prob i have is on one of the condensing units it has in my opinion slightly high suction pressure with the room at -10 i have 30psi suction pressure 180/190 psi head a full sight glass,the body of compressor is warm alike to the temp of warm water,a lack of refrigeration capacity,the other system is working fine in line driers were changed 2 weeks ago,on pump down test via receiver outlet takes too long[in my opinion]8minutes approx,shut suction pressure drops rapid but does not hold vac for long,ambient 70/80f i am leaning to valve leakage in compressor,any ideas thanks in advance.

kkboy
19-06-2010, 01:02 AM
To test the compressor what you could do is attach your gauges to the compressor both high side and low side. swicth compressor off. close suction and discharge service valves. open low side of hand gauges to let the gas out of the low side only through your gauges. obviously you would reclaim this. if the discharge pressure drops you know you have a leaking valve. if it remains the same the valves are ok.
the other thing is to check your superheat if its -10 then suction pressure would be 24 to 27psi. your head pressure seems fine for the tempreture you have indicated. i would say superheat adjustment and check your sight glass.

coolhibby1875
19-06-2010, 09:11 PM
passing on the head for sure, is it a iceland store?

cadwaladr
20-06-2010, 09:55 AM
just an update,went back yesterday and it was working fine?,and no not at an iceland store,its a food maker lol,they make donner kebabs,whats the prob ? its been playing up according to the custumer for about 2 months,it normally runs at -20 and recent -12c,