PDA

View Full Version : Osbourne no fan access

sparkout
17-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Hi Guys, hope you can help.

Our club has an (old) Osbourne single glass door beer fridge, it slowly stopped cooling, I pulled it out and cleaned the fluff of the condenser rad, that did the trick - for about 3 days, then it stopped cooling.

The compressor was to hot to put your hand on, the condenser rad was also hot - ok, check the fan motor.

Err, how do you see it let alone check it?

I peered through the rad, sure enough it's not working!

But, how the hell are you supposed to access it???

(who designs these things)
:mad:

monkey spanners
17-06-2010, 08:43 PM
If its the same as the one i changed a few years back, there is a few screws holding the plate that the compressor and condenser is mounted on to the chassis. once these are removed there is enough room to slide out and twist the unit to gain acces to the fan motor.

If its not the same, give Osbourne a call, which is what i did and they explained how it comes apart!

Jon

Tayters
17-06-2010, 10:38 PM
(who designs these things)
:mad:

Possibly the same bloke who designed the Citroen BX turbo diesel.

willies boy
27-06-2010, 10:31 PM
The post about how to remove is correct ,the problem you have is you are giving info to a non refrigeration engineer,try doing same with your TV./Microwave etc they will tell you where to go ..............sharpish

monkey spanners
27-06-2010, 11:17 PM
The post about how to remove is correct ,the problem you have is you are giving info to a non refrigeration engineer,try doing same with your TV./Microwave etc they will tell you where to go ..............sharpish

So we should be as unhelpfull as the 'tv repair man' in your example? Surely it would make for a horrid world if we were all unhelpfull.
Where would we be if nobody every passed on any knowledge to another, most likely we would still be living in caves or such.

I try to leave everyone i meet better, and if i can't manage to do that then at least to leave them no worse.

Jon :)