PDA

View Full Version : Enviromental Chamber Cold Room - 1 evap freezes

sig83
15-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Greetings all. Long time lurker here for all the useful info, now finally posting a problem.

I have a 4 degree celsius cold box running R12. Its a water cooled condensor. The evap has a coil on each side of the fan and one coil is freezing up all the way back to the distributor/spider. The other coil is fine. I do know the Grasslin defrost timer is bad and just waiting for a new one to be delivered. When running refrigeration mode, I have suct press of 15, head is at 105. Full sight glass and compressor amps are good. The hot gas solenoid is tempering and doing its job at maintaining box temp, but the one evap coil keeps freezing up. Off the distributor only the 2 lines going to that coil are freezing, the other lines are clear for the other coil.

Gut instinct is telling me that evap coil is being starved and that i should check the superheat for each coil. Or do I just install the new defrost timer and wait it out. Not sure if I posted enough info but any food for thought would be appreciated.

benijoseph
19-06-2010, 06:49 PM
check the temp of different coil by hand held thermo meter , If the temp is same then it is only the air flow problem.
regdS.