PDA

View Full Version : Hoover Nextra fridge not cooling correctly

Quitch
08-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Hi all, hope I can provide enough useful information.

I have a Hoover Nextra (frost free) fridge freezer which is about five years old now, the fridge is controlled by a dial which goes from 1 to 5 (where 5 is 'super' and intended for when you go on holiday) and I leave set to 3.

Recently, however, the fridge doesn't seem to be cooling as well as normal and particuarly sensitive things like cream have been going off. The freezer seems no different, but I've had to crank the fridge up to 5, the maxium setting, just to keep everything cool (and a little ice builds up at the back).

The pipe where the water is drained is visible at the back of the fridge, and at least the part I can see looks fine. I also moved the fridge out slightly incase it had been pushed in and didn't have enough space to cool at the back.

Is there anything obvious I should be checking, or is five years a good life and I should be replacing it about now?

sedgy
08-06-2010, 03:50 PM
hi quitch, can you hear the compressor , buzzing? dose the light work ? has the fuse gone? after that you may have to get someone in .
age of a fridge 5- 10 years you could be unlucky,

tonto33
08-06-2010, 05:05 PM
check the gas on it