PDA

View Full Version : what do you do?

Tankerbox
06-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Hi all. I a newby to the forum. OK here is my problem. you go 50 miles on a service call on a walkin cooler. found low on gas, found a leak, repaired it, changed drier, evacuate system. went to recharge unit. you gessed it. I didn't have enough R404 to get the correct subcooling and superheat.
so what do you do? Iam 50 miles from the Reff. supply house. what do you think about topping it off with HOT SHOT:o. 10zo at the most. or bite the bullet and go back to the supply huose for a drum of R404 and finish the job.
anybody ever been a pickle like this? come on tell the truth.

coolhibby1875
06-06-2010, 12:09 PM
eh! what is hotshot!!

monkey spanners
06-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Been there, went to get more refrigerant of the correct type. Some jobs you lose money on, but the customer is right to expect us as an industry to work in a profesional manner even if it cost us.
If its in a town i would pass in the next week or so and would run ok but not perfect till then, i would wait and finish charging till i had picked up some more refrigerant and was passing.

Jon :)

Tankerbox
06-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks Jon.
That was my thoughts exactly. system is OK now, not to hot here yet. it will be OK till I get back some day.

lowcool
07-06-2010, 03:46 AM
22 will get you out of trouble too,dont over charge it and get back asap.have even used 22 on r12 systems and gotten away with it

tbirdtbird
07-06-2010, 04:16 AM
so what happens to reliability of pressure readings once refrigerants have been mixed like this... the usual tone of this board has been that of quality workmanship...

lowcool
08-06-2010, 12:34 AM
tbird.magic happens when doing work remotely,ever gotten your bottle out of your bus to find it half full or empty.some clients dont like being left with NO refrigeration.
sometimes ya gotta do whatcha gotta do

Magoo
08-06-2010, 03:08 AM
Been there done that, did not charge mileage but do charge the time. Crank up the material rates to cover any client credits, you get recovery one way or the other.
My explanation is that if I had to carry every possible refrigerant option I would nead a 10 tonne truck, which would be expensive plus, so if plant is back in operation is to your benefit so pay up.

mad fridgie
08-06-2010, 03:41 AM
If its a good client, then do your best to keep cost down. if they are a c**t, tell them that it need a part that you would not expext to carry, leave off, get refrigerant, recharge turn on and charge them all costs.
I do not know about you but i am sick of being a charity.!!!!
"Having a rant day"

sachin230
08-06-2010, 06:40 AM
If unit is our owned what do we do ???.

I go back to the supply house for a drum of R404 and finish the job.

This is the quality service & quality workmanship.Definitely we will take care of our profit .This type of service will maintain the long life relationship with customer