PDA

View Full Version : Trane actuator problems on centrifs

sefuss
02-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Hi guys

any one got any info on the actuators for Trane centrif compressors, i understand how they work (opening and closing internal veins inside the compressor) but i could do with some literature to assist with an ongoing issue
I have 1 actuator that likes to stay fully open and 1 that likes to stay fully closed

Trane model CVAD 32

please can you email any literature to

jack.keating@brooktherm.co.uk

thanks again guys

centrecipew
02-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Hi, Check The internal reed type-end switches that determine when the actuator should open or close. The actuator will not open if the external end limit switch is not made, indicating that the vanes are in fact 100% shut on start up.
Does the unit unload in Manual unload, if not then the internal connections on the actuator and winding resistances need to be checked. Good Luck

sefuss
03-06-2010, 09:15 PM
yes it loads & unloads in manual, it also has rather high head pressure for 134a approx 12bar then it starts surging and dropping to about 9 bar for a few seconds
i have taken a sample of the gas in a small dumpy reclaim bottle and after a while done a pressure to temp reading to check for non-condensables and all seems ok

goshen
04-06-2010, 05:29 AM
yes it loads & unloads in manual, it also has rather high head pressure for 134a approx 12bar then it starts surging and dropping to about 9 bar for a few seconds
i have taken a sample of the gas in a small dumpy reclaim bottle and after a while done a pressure to temp reading to check for non-condensables and all seems ok
Hi yep you are well above usual working pressure ,it would seem your condenser needs cleaning ,some of these units will not load if hi side is above a certain setting,
lower your head pressure and it should be the remedy.:)

centrecipew
04-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Hi, There is a transducer in the UCM Panel ( 1/4 Mf Connection ) This is the Hp limit Protection device- Non Adjustable. As Goshen Says- check your condenser Approach Temperature. Should be less than 3 Deg at load. Good Luck