PDA

View Full Version : Daikin FDYP145 errors

Jon Davis
30-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Symptoms (on heating) are that the internal unit fans start up OK, but after a minute or so everthing stops with error code U2 on the control panel, and H2P LED lit up on the outdoor unit. Neither the outdoor unit fans or the compressor showed any signs of starting. The two LED's on the indoor unit were flashing as normal (presumibly showing that microprocessor and communications were OK).

U2 code is supposed to be low voltage or low instantaneous voltage. Checked for both of these on a Fluke logging meter and voltage was steady at around 236V. H2P error is stated as motor phase error or main capactitor faulty, but measured the cap and it read 2200uF which is what it's supposed to be.

Thermistor sensors seemed to read OK i.e three read about 23K ohms and one read about 230K ohms (I understand from searching other related threads on the forum that one sensor can be expected to read about 10 times higher resistance that the others).

Have I missed something? Does this sound like a failed outdoor unit main processor/motor-control pcb failure?

Any assistance would be appreciated (before I replace the main board - in case I'm wrong!)

Cheers,

Jon

frank
31-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Have you measured the voltage drop as the compressor tries to start?

Jon Davis
31-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Hi Frank,

I got all set up to do this, and then realised that the compressor makes no attempt of starting at all. It just comes up with the H2P light on the outdoor unit after a minute or so (maybe less than a minute).

Jon

Jon Davis
01-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Daikin advise to replace the main invertor controller board + the active fan module + both outdoor fan motors.

Seems like an expensive overkill to me, i.e covering all bases at the cost of the customer. Chances are that only one of them is faulty. Both fan motors failing at the same time??? I would think unlikely!

Jon

james770
03-06-2010, 07:18 AM
You right its unlikely for both fan motors to be faulty daikin just want to cash in. Its probably best buy one motor and change either one to see which one is faulty. :)

martin102
02-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Jon, Check the capacitor polarisation, easy to get it wrong, Just had a unit showing the same symptoms, Compressor and fans don,t start h2p light on and u2 error after 3 attempted starts.
Martin

icecube51
03-07-2010, 08:37 PM
maybe a bad contact at the contactor/relay of compressor?
those guys from Daikin love to sell there stuff, if they don't now what is wrong,they just change the hole possible lot.

its in there training programme i supose.

Ice