PDA

View Full Version : Hoover HF39C Fridge/Freezer - Temperature problems

200sx
23-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Had the above fridge/freezer about 8 years and just wonder whether its worth repairing or not. I'll just state that I have worked as a service tech. in TV/Video but never tackled fridges. I am willing to have a go myself if the problem is something obvious !!

The freezer isn't getting cold enough. Some food seems soft whereas other food seems frozen. Also the fridge ices up at the back panel but never seems as cold as it should be.

Any advice gratefully received - even if the advice is to bin it and buy a new one :)

cheers

tbirdtbird
23-05-2010, 11:28 PM
see this thread
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25176

sedgy
23-05-2010, 11:48 PM
hi, 200sx, 8years old, its near its sell by date, if you where registered to work on refrigerant it would still be a big ask, for you to fix a fridge< its not like rewiring a light switch< go out and get a good deal , < offer cash< all the best

200sx
24-05-2010, 04:51 PM
hi, 200sx, 8years old, its near its sell by date, if you where registered to work on refrigerant it would still be a big ask, for you to fix a fridge< its not like rewiring a light switch< go out and get a good deal , < offer cash< all the best

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I thought it was about time that I bought a new one. I know repairing a fridge is a speciality - as is fault finding a TV to component level :)
- but if there was something common (electrical) that didn't involve refrigerant then I was willing to have a go !

cheers