PDA

View Full Version : Chemical cleaning in water cooled condeser

HARRY 7
20-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Hello guys.I am going to make a chemical cleaning in a water cooled condeser.
Can anybody help me with the procedure?

sneep
20-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Basically a loop using a acid pump in a plastic bucket. Connect to the water side and follow the chemical instructions. Think about the safety equipment and the supplies you need. Every job is different. Usually wiser and cheaper to replace the condenser.

rickyccong
21-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Why use chemical to clean the condenser and are you refer to tube side or shell side?. If Chemical acid cleaning required please leave it the professional, too much acid were damaged all the tubes and you need to circulation must be constant and safety come first, provided you using acid.

HARRY 7
21-05-2010, 03:15 PM
I mean the tube side rickyccong.
I have a pump to circulate the chemical.
Any advise on the procedure?

sedgy
21-05-2010, 04:05 PM
have you got the right brushes for the job?

HARRY 7
21-05-2010, 04:09 PM
I want to make chemical cleaning sedgy.
What is the meaning of a brush?

sedgy
21-05-2010, 06:27 PM
hi harry 7, a brush is a comb with many spicky ends, that polish the tubes as you push and pull the brush in the tubes , have you ever seen a hedgehog? the bristles are on a long wire so you can polish from both ends of each tube and move all the bits out of the tubes . and then wrince out with water, then clean out the strainer , hope this explains,ok,

HARRY 7
21-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Hi sedgy.Do you know the procedure with chemical?

Tycho
21-05-2010, 10:40 PM
I mean the tube side rickyccong.
I have a pump to circulate the chemical.
Any advise on the procedure?

Get the safety and procedure sheet from the supplier of the chemical, also if you are not sure, contact them and ask for the procedure

Gingerair
22-05-2010, 10:29 AM
The proceedure will vary with whatever chemicals you use, best to consult with whoever is going to be your supplier..

What are you trying to clean ? There will be a different proceedure to clean, say limescale on the water side, to carring out a chemical clean on the fridge side.

The only international supplier i can think of is Unitor, try & speak to them.

rickyccong
22-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Hi! Harry,
Since you want to clean the Condenser tube side, clean with nylon wire-brushes attach with long rod or clean with standard/grinding/abrasive foam pellets by shooting from tube end to tube end with nitrogen such cleaning method is very fast but disadvantage you need to open up both end covers to collect back the pellets. Me have been using such cleaning method before carrying out Eddy Current Tubing Examination.

HARRY 7
22-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks all of you guys.