PDA

View Full Version : York ycam problem

HARRY 7
17-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Hi there,

I recently changed a compressor in a heat pump York Ycam 360.
The compressor is a Copeland D8SJ-6000 with R22.
After start up,i notised white foam in oil glass and the needle of the high pressure gauge instable.
Also the muffler is in strong vibration.
What could be the problem??

goshen
18-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Hi your instable needle could point that u have air in the sys,the foam could be liquid flood back
and a vibrating muffler dosent sound good ,
for a start i would revaccume the unit to low microns at least 500, make sure there are no leaks and then recharge .
then check your pressures and make sure you are not over charged and make sure u dont have liquid flood back,
good luck

HARRY 7
18-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks goshen.I charged the system by weight 41 kilos.
System superheat is 10 celsious.The previous compressor had broken suction valves and damaged pistons.

goshen
19-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Hi your instable needle could point that u have air in the sys,the foam could be liquid flood back
and a vibrating muffler dosent sound good ,
for a start i would revaccume the unit to low microns at least 500, make sure there are no leaks and then recharge .
then check your pressures and make sure you are not over charged and make sure u dont have liquid flood back,
good luck

Hi in due of previouse damage u defenatly have liquid slugging ! check your liquid solonoied valve and txv setting .:)
good luck if u catch it on time u will probably save yorself a compressor changing.

teslareefer
28-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Dear All,,,,I have a problem with York YCAM 240 ..."external Interlock " .....can you help me with it ? ......Thanks