PDA

View Full Version : Scotsman AC65 Ice Machine

Northdude
07-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Had a few calls to a scotsman ice machine and never really worked on them before. Been to the customers bar twice and couldnt find a fault with it, last time i went i found ice around the ice moulds on the top side of the tray where the water inlets are and ice inside the moulds getting quite bad, the machine went to hot gas defrost but nothing dropped then freeze cycle started up again, the hot gas stage seemed really fast so im not sure whether to increase the time if possible as it is all controlled off a pcb instead of time clock so not sure how? This fault has been coming and going so its not a permanent fault so to speak as the last 2 times i went everything was fine. The hot gas solenoid is working correctly and gas pressures are ok, the evap probe appears to work ok (i cleared the ice and watched it drop 2 lots of ice after), anybody any ideas?? Thanks in advance

Colin G
07-04-2010, 09:19 PM
The freezing cycle (second half) and harvest cycle times are controlled by dip switches on the pcb, do a search on hubbard ice systems for the manuals on it.

Colin G
07-04-2010, 09:30 PM
i think the harvest cycle time is fixed and non adjustable

chillin out
07-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Make sure the probe is fastened properly to the pipework on the topside of the cups.

You could also try moving the probe further away from the hot gas entry point.

Chillin:):)

Northdude
07-04-2010, 10:05 PM
The probe was fastened correctly, all the ice was forming on the left side of tray beside the probe, the right hand side was all clear. Does the inlet water have much of an effect on the ice dropping during harvest? There are 2 moulds on the top (left and right) the inlet hose Ts to each side, the flow on the left side was less than the right side, just wondering if thats a factor. I take it the hot gas is determined by the evap probe (temperature) then? (not timed)

chillin out
07-04-2010, 11:14 PM
I would really recommend getting the service manual for this machine, it would surprise you what controls what.

I would check the spray nozzles to make sure there was no dirt in them.
Check cond is clean and fan is running full speed.
Check ambient probe as this has an effect on the harvest!!

Chillin:):)

Northdude
07-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Think that will be a wise idea lol, thanks mate, dam ice machines drive me insane :rolleyes:

Northdude
07-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Got another question for u guys, pressure testing a beermaster cellar cooling tomorrow on R22, been informed off climate to retrofit with R434A (RS45), also told there is no need to replace TEV???? Whats your view on this?

bwd111
09-04-2010, 08:40 PM
I would put a timed delayed on the deforst cycle.

sork
15-04-2010, 06:58 PM
hi
scotsman were giving out discs few years ago, with all troubleshooting for their ice- machine.
i had a similar prob once, it was the ambient, unit produced ice in cooler location, the condenser thin must be cleaned. fan must run in full speed.
it is a dog of prob , i made couple of visit.

=p XD