View Full Version : Cryocooler

26-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Can someone explain the schematic on


of a cryocooler on Helium.

What are the 3 bottles (HE or 2 oil separators?) on the right side and what is the absorber?

Someone ever installed these compressors?

Seems a very easy solution or replacement for an autocascade system.

27-02-2005, 12:01 AM
Two of the bottles are oil separators, if you follow the oil return line from the compressor it connects with them.

The third one, the absorber, has me beat. Is it another word/term for a filter/drier ? I'm not sure....does helium do anything funny when compressed and heated ?

Alt Concepts
28-02-2005, 06:52 AM
Perhaps the Absorber is defined as to absorb or muffle sound. Ive found them on larger systems for that purpose. Then again I could be wrong.