PDA

View Full Version : EVCO controllers

chemi-cool
23-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Did anyone came across these controllers?
any thoughts?
Any experience?

jose-carvalheir
23-03-2010, 09:10 PM
have you tryed looking for ev_co.it.These controllers are italian made. Look a lot like Carel

DD73
06-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Did anyone came across these controllers?
any thoughts?
Any experience?

I knew them, they are Eliwell spin off, like Dixell, since 1990.
Not well known company but the quality and customer service is fine. evco.it is the web site

lawrence1
06-05-2010, 11:36 PM
I have been using them for 2 years,,,they are similar to Carel,a little less complicated but they are very good,i have not had any issues with using Evco.
LJ

lowcool
07-05-2010, 12:44 AM
pretty doubtful on them myself,as they say they are similar to carel.
long live dixell,why change,if cost is the problem why not fit alco,fligor,electrolux,maneurop products as well thus keeping yourself gainfully employed for many years.
everyone to their own i spose

Evcoguy
09-06-2010, 01:34 PM
EVCO Controllers are extremely reliable and well thought out. Larger relays are available for some models so you don't have to install that extra contactor, you don't need a gasket to seal, a programming key is available, LED display is 3.5. They are very simple to use and are priced well. They just got introduced to North America through a dealer here in Canada. We love them and started using them about 9 months ago. We have replaced Dixell, Carel and Full Gauge models with extreme ease. These Itallian controllers are all similar because they probably use the same local suppliers for their components.

Bazooga
09-06-2010, 03:27 PM
I've seen these pop up here and there. They look fine, just like all the others. These refrigeration controllers from EVCO are simple to use though. I think its because these have many controllers dedicated to a specific operation unlike other who have "Universal" controllers that can be used for heating/cooling and anything else you can screw up during the programming.

NoNickName
09-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Being successful or unsuccessful for these small universal 32x74mm controllers much depends on the outsourcing of components. E.g. transformers bought from Chinese suppliers are very prone to fail, despite all efforts in good engineering and testing.
There is very little innovation between the various products in the 32x74 format. Most of them are just spin offs of spin offs; at times the difference is just the sticker on the case, as the pcb are produced by the same sub-suppliers.