PDA

View Full Version : locate aftermarket compressor 4a Q600 Manitowoc ice machine

iceman6108
11-03-2010, 04:07 AM
I manage an ice machine rental fleet, and I was wondering if there was any other guys that do what I do that could help me out. As you know I have to run a tight ship, and that means purchasing aftermarket parts sometimes(not that I always like to) to keep the budget within check. I'm looking at over $900 for an oem compressor for a few Q-600 units I have, so I'm trying to find something off the shelf that I can replace it with to save some money.
I'd even be willing to pay a small consulting fee to someone for helping me with a list of aftermarket parts that would cross-reference over to manitowoc oem ones, whether it be compressors,water pumps, etc.
Anyway, I've already checked copelands website, but lists the exact compressor as an oem(CS08KQE-PFV), that is not for sale(other than through a manitowoc dist.), and the only one it shows AS AN "off the shelf" replacement at the btu amount I need is actually the first compressor that manitowoc tried to use in 98 and 99 , but found it was too noisy and too much vibration( RS86C1E-PFV)(one piston) , so they went to the CS model compressor that has 2 pistons, and it solved the noise and vibration problem.I hate to throw just any medium temp compressor in there with the same BTU's , because not all of them generate enough heat to make a good harvest.
Can anyone help me out? :)