PDA

View Full Version : compressor making swishing sound

gindog20
05-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Hi guys , i have just fitted a small pot (GL90TB), the cab came down to temp and i left it at that, but the next day when i checked it, it was not cooling. The comp was running but there was a swooshing sound comming from the comp.

I changed liquid drier, checked capilary and stuck it on a vac.

I then started to charge through suction, comp started running but pressure would stay just about the same on gauges. I was getting some heat in the discharge but not enough to go even a quarter down the condensor.

Do you all reckon the comp is goosed, i hope some one might have another idea as i have already been payed for job.

chemi-cool
05-03-2010, 05:26 PM
If compressor is running and no pressure change = broken shaft or valve.
replace it.

monkey spanners
05-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Like Chemi said, sounds like compressor is faulty. What was wrong with the original one?

I have started to cut them open now when i change them just to see what went wrong with the old one, so long as there is not a warranty claim pending.

gindog20
05-03-2010, 08:11 PM
The old comp had blown the start capacitor, the condensor was chocked the comp prob died a slow death. I still struggle to think how these wee pub under-counter beer bottle fridges work at all with the heat at the back of them. thanks for the reply's

spimps
05-03-2010, 11:13 PM
GL90 sounds a big compressor for a bottle cooler,what pot was in it originally? Did you size replacement on displacement?

spimps
05-03-2010, 11:16 PM
GL90 is around a 1/4 hp,bottle coolers with double doors undercounter are usually around1/6th.
Did you size by displacement?