PDA

View Full Version : Carrier 30XA 1102 software

alan wolf
04-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Hello

I have just checked 4 units of above model and find ;- Pro Dialog 5, CSA-SR-20C 470301 software according to screen.
a) 1 system has a burnt out compressor, (only started last year sometime, no commissioning sheets)

b) 3 units have software faults, initial 1 locks out units as fault is thermal protection in starters is open. Contacts actually closed but open fault remains.

c) disconnecting flow interlock should give an open signal however this does not happen and appears chiller can run with no flow,

Question, have heard rumours of this before I have actually found (flow interlock fault) causing freeze ups. Can anyone advise on software problems and ways to go.

Has anyone got software, units about 2 years old and out of warranty.

Can get more info as required because im very green on these units.

Regards for now
AWW not in Geordie land

james10
08-03-2010, 07:02 PM
software is only available from carrier service. as the 30xa is a relativley new chiller it hasn't quite been perfected if i were you i'd contact carrier to get one of their engineers out for the day as xa parts dont come cheap

alan wolf
09-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Hello James

Carrier Parts I know are not cheap as I have been quoted some v high 1s for 19ex parts which were sky high I thought.

York also on same band stand with very high quotes.

We are a small service operation working on anything with a lot of OEM staff and unfortunately need input and software. At least Tranes is available from websites and updates are downloadable.

Thanks for your reply. Where in NE are you.

Regards
AWW

james10
10-03-2010, 06:06 PM
in teesside, i used to work for carrier so i know the trouble your having with these machines, and carrier being like all manufacturers the only way to sort the software issue out is to call them out i might have a service manual for the XA's i look about and let you know

alan wolf
11-03-2010, 07:49 PM
hello james

Dont know if Ive met you before but I remember an engineer working for Carrier under Norman P in Warrington
I believe Going back a few years though to the mid to late 90s.

Anyway I have manuals for the unit
thanks

Keep Well. AWW