PDA

View Full Version : Scotsman sce170 trouble

lowenherzig
03-03-2010, 11:05 PM
I have a Scotsman SCE170 icemaker that is doing all that it should except harvesting the cubes. It makes the cubes fully and through out the tray, then goes into harvest mode as it should with all working well. The cubes begin to crack as heat is applied from the hot gas valve but they never fall. The cubes just hang there. I can get them to fall if I pry then slightly. What is up with my icemaker please.

Latte
03-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Normally Scotsmans are ultra reliable and normally when they start playing up its because of limescale. Being from the UK I dont know what its like over there but normally the first thing to do is run some ice machine cleaner through it. From there, it depends on what sort of control system you have on there. Over in the UK we have a board with a bank of 10 dip switches which although should be set up as standard 95% of the time you can adjust to lengthen/shorten freeze & defrost time. If you could tell us what sort of control system it has i may be able to look into more.

May be worth looking through www.scotsman-ice.com as you can get service manuals off there. Have looked at the UK site (Hubbard Ice) but I think that is just a US model and therefore not listed.

Paul J
04-03-2010, 12:43 AM
yep, sounds like the plate is dirty or sometimes the chrome plating starts to split and the ice sticks to it, try running ice maker cleaner through it and rub your fingers on the plate to check the surface, if it's rough there ain't alot you can do but replace the plate:cool:

iceman6108
11-03-2010, 03:44 AM
on that model, scotsman uses an ICE-O-Matic ice plate which has a very short life span(as any tech that works on ice machines knows already) My guess is if you think the plate is clean enough, and your suction pressure during harvest is right about book specs, then your plate is probably wore down enough to start holding onto the slab, instead of letting it release. What year is the machine? Have you looked closely to the plate to see if the cross slats are coming loose? you need a good light, and look as close as you can.