PDA

View Full Version : Julabo FW95 SL - Needs repair

dpreming
02-03-2010, 02:30 AM
Hi,

I have a Julabo FW95 SL, This unit cools to -90 and has two compressors.
The unit powers up then (After 5 minutes) the first compressor starts fine but after 20 seconds the second compressor tries to start, a lot of vibration and then it stops.
Looks like the compressor is bad.
Is any one familiar with this unit? Can you recommend a good repair shop (I can ship the unit)

Thanks

David

Toosh
02-03-2010, 02:58 AM
Hi,

I have a Julabo FW95 SL, This unit cools to -90 and has two compressors.
The unit powers up then (After 5 minutes) the first compressor starts fine but after 20 seconds the second compressor tries to start, a lot of vibration and then it stops.
Looks like the compressor is bad.
Is any one familiar with this unit? Can you recommend a good repair shop (I can ship the unit)

Thanks

David

Hi Try here

http://www.julabo.fr/en/s_0.htm

dpreming
02-03-2010, 03:31 AM
Thanks,

I will check with Julabo, Do you know of any other shop that can repair this unit in the US?

Thanks

David

Gary
02-03-2010, 03:56 AM
The second (low stage) compressor should not try to start until the first (high stage) is down to temperature... and that can take a while.

It is very likely a control problem.

French Dutchman
02-03-2010, 09:50 PM
The Master of this machine in the US is Bruce Troutman at Julabo in Allentown PA.
These are cantankerous machines to repair correctly. Bruce knows all the problems, fixes and design changes. Knowing how difficult these machines are I would go nowhere else.

Also.... Make sure your differential water pressure is at (i think 1.5 bar see manual)

French Dutchman
02-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Don't forget most of these machines come with 2 yr warranty. Also after some thought.. The first stage either has a leak or is otherwise not cooling the second stage. (Water - blocked twisted or insuffient pressure could also cause strange operation)