PDA

View Full Version : outdoor fan not starting

stojaan
15-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Hi Guys,
I'm from Bulgaria and probably a "tiny" fault has been pestering me for long time.

I have a Midea 12000 BTU,R22, on-off split air conditioner. It has only one temperature-pressure pipe sensor on the indoor coil which controls the outdoor fan operation and defrost. In heat mode when you start the air conditioner initially the outdoor fan motor starts but in a minute it stops and never comes back on, expect for when there is a thick layer of ice on the outdoor coil. When I take out the indoor coil thermister the fan stays on, but defrost is not working.
Without the outdoor fan running the system doesn't give enough heat, when the thermister is of the tube ice build up after a while (24 hours).
The problem is definitely not the charge as I have recharged the unit with new refrigerant by weight!
Pipe run is 3.5 meters.
What can be the reason for this nasty fault?Restriction in the system?

chemi-cool
15-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Faulty controll.

tonyh
15-02-2010, 05:39 PM
I would check with manufacturer as to what outdoor temp the unit will operate at as europe has had a very cold winter.

tonyelian
15-02-2010, 08:22 PM
hi
1-pipe sensor is faulty
2-u can fit a high pressure to control outside fan

lawrence1
18-02-2010, 10:24 AM
stojaan,
The Mideas we get here are rated for outside maximum outdoor temp of,, -7c. only.maybe too cold for them there.

Boris_Velev
20-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Hello Stojaan, can you measured resistance of pipe sensor of indor unit ( in 25℃ resistance is 10 KΩ ) If you want send me e-mail with model and I give you service manual. boris_sofia@yahoo.com

stojaan
21-02-2010, 01:03 PM
It's a CSU12HHAA model, much appreciated if you could give me the manual!