PDA

View Full Version : Tesco

jwhytock
05-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Any updates on the service contract? Apart from tittle tattle and chinese whispers seems to be deafening silence...........
Ideal world would see all the majors evenly split up to allow full coverage of commitments but hey who says we live in an ideal world??

gindog20
05-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Looks like KB have got Tesco contract from WR

Colin G
05-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Looks like KB have got Tesco contract from WR

im new to this supermarket roller coaster but wow :eek:

coolhibby1875
06-02-2010, 10:45 AM
better get your danfoss paperwork out guys, and lots of sleepless nights on standby:)

jwhytock
06-02-2010, 08:58 PM
ALL THESE RETAIL CONTRACTS ARE THE SAME REALLY JUST A DIFFERENT NAME ABOVE THE DOOR
:cool:

fowlie
06-02-2010, 09:04 PM
ALL THESE RETAIL CONTRACTS ARE THE SAME REALLY JUST A DIFFERENT NAME ABOVE THE DOOR :cool:
yeah but not many impose 5k fines if a case is off for 24hr

headgasket
08-02-2010, 07:33 PM
don't worry you want be called out at night as you will already be working a late shift, tesco have demanded 24hr manned shifts 24/7 not call out, we will be working round the clock. no over time

jwhytock
08-02-2010, 07:56 PM
that would be an insane waste of resources ........surely only needed if the contractor has no where near enough engineers to cover the contract...............
im sure a national company with total coverage will handle the contract without having equipment lying emptied all over the nation........:cool: madness of having countless engineers doing maintainances through the night waiting on calls coming in cant see why that would even smell like a good idea

tony--1
08-02-2010, 07:59 PM
don't worry you want be called out at night as you will already be working a late shift, tesco have demanded 24hr manned shifts 24/7 not call out, we will be working round the clock. no over time

LMAO WOW :D

Didnt know that . if its true !!!! :rolleyes:

fowlie
08-02-2010, 08:59 PM
aye if their still isnt anything to do you will become an ambient replenishment assistant

Colin G
08-02-2010, 10:46 PM
aye if their still isnt anything to do you will become an ambient replenishment assistant

i would be polishing and waxing the packs if i found my self stuck for something worth while to do :D

coolhibby1875
08-02-2010, 10:56 PM
tesco will nail this to the ground no wonder every contractor pulled thier tenders, this new contract will be the begining of the end for any one who touches it garunteed! the kpi's impossed are impossible to make.

74RR-LU420
09-02-2010, 12:59 AM
Oh you boys have it bad over there..... LOL

multisync
09-02-2010, 06:48 AM
tesco will nail this to the ground no wonder every contractor pulled thier tenders, this new contract will be the begining of the end for any one who touches it garunteed! the kpi's impossed are impossible to make.

There's a sucker born every minute. Wait for the press release from the next one to come along :D

jwhytock
09-02-2010, 09:03 PM
"NO WONDER ALL THE CONTRACTORS PULLED THERE TENDORS "
I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT FOR EVEN A NANO SECOND !
I TAKE IT FROM THAT COMMENT THE CURRENT CONTRACTOR IS/WILL BE ABSOLUTELY ECSTATIC TO SEE THE CONTRACT DISAPEAR. SURELY WHOEVER WINS THAT CONTRACT OR ANY OTHER MAJOR RETAILER,S WORK WOULD OR WILL BE PLEASED NOT GUTTED:cool: WHOEVER THEY MAY BE

sedgy
09-02-2010, 09:17 PM
hi guys, I worked from the n/w of england on tescos , but only on the hvac side , a load of crap the management where from the victorian era there attitude stunk
the best of luck to however is unlucky enough to get the contract

escosse 1
09-02-2010, 10:12 PM
well if no one has realised by now that tescos want to rule the world as well, then any company expecting a good deal with them should forget it.You only have to look at the current situation with a well known company in the south of the area.

Colin G
09-02-2010, 10:12 PM
as long as i don't see a reduction on pay and there is work to be done thats all i care about, lucky to have jobs to go to these days.....

coolhibby1875
09-02-2010, 10:50 PM
its no secret that wr lose over a million every year on this contract and thats just on 2 regions out the 7 they cover, take into concideration they have serviced it for years and the engineers know it inside out, any company taking this on board without the right guys to service it from the kick off will be in trouble, this contract has changed BIG TIME since a lot of guys used to work it, dont get me wrong i like working this contract and i have done so for years but it changes all the time and if we do lose it i will miss it, but a word of warning to anyone who thinks its just any other contract YOUR IN FOR A RUDE AWAKEN!! mark my words.

escosse 1
09-02-2010, 11:04 PM
all i can say is roll on the 120 hour per week late shift to satisfy tesco's demands

coolhibby1875
09-02-2010, 11:09 PM
its the 2 hour response for a undercounter foster that makes you laugh :)

fowlie
09-02-2010, 11:30 PM
i got a call tonight for a produce case high temp 2hr response it would take me two hours then some just to get there,me thinks i will leave it to the morning

jwhytock
10-02-2010, 08:30 PM
i guess that happens when companies try to cover huge areas with 2 men

coolhibby1875
10-02-2010, 11:14 PM
lol whats that got to do with 2 hour responses?

jwhytock
10-02-2010, 11:44 PM
this is just getting daft now ....... dedicated tesco only engineers e.g would mean each store could get around 2 to 3 hours attention a day mind you the state there in theyll take some time to get up to scratch first . kiss kiss xx

750 Valve
11-02-2010, 09:04 AM
this is just getting daft now ....... dedicated tesco only engineers e.g would mean each store could get around 2 to 3 hours attention a day mind you the state there in theyll take some time to get up to scratch first . kiss kiss xx

Isn't that what asda do? You hear a lot about Tesco and sainsbury but nothing about asda on this forum.

coolhibby1875
11-02-2010, 01:18 PM
ha-ha good 1..... oh i am back in the room i was just day dreaming about plant rooms at blackhall and kirkaldy:)
your right this is getting daft, afterall we are all in this together!!and it could soon be a case of same day diff t-shirt time for a lot of people so slagging off each others company's is not good more so on here for all to see:)

taz24
11-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Isn't that what asda do? You hear a lot about Tesco and sainsbury but nothing about asda on this forum.

Asda use a company that look after them 100%.

They do fridge, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, gas, drains, bakery, catering,
lighting you name it, they even do the land scapeing.

Now City FM the company who do this are quite good, as companies go and
they for the most part have good engineers and good relations with the stores.
The company do look after the guys as well, they are a stable working
environment and if you do your job you get it easy.

Like most companies the guys might have a few things to moan about but
the relationship Asda have with City is a good one and it is based on a sound footing.

They even set up there own parts distrabution company to supply Asda.
NRW was founded on the back of the Asda contract and again it seems to work well.

They have been doing it for about 12 years now so they must be doing somthing right.

City are one of the only companies who over the last few years have taken on apprentices
and trained them properly, giving them the full range of experience. They are keen on multi skilling
and I know that the reason the system works so well is because of the relationship the guys
have with each other. If someone needs to be somewhere but can't get there in the time restriction
there is someone from another discleplin that can attend and attempt first fix.

This works well for all the skill bases not just fridge.

Cheers taz.

NIKK38
11-02-2010, 03:32 PM
I believe that this kind of working structure is what Space are trying to emulate. Whether they can get it right and make it work or not remains to be seen.

coolhibby1875
11-02-2010, 03:55 PM
good point Taz, to key for me is the training of apprentices not a lot of companies have done this for years now and i think we will see in the not to far future, a pure lack of experienced enginners, again this all points back to the supermarkets screwing companies to the wall!

Silhouette
11-02-2010, 04:39 PM
The Asda/City tie-up is down to Asda owning 40% of City Holdings, the company behind City refrig etc. that is why it has lasted so long and why it works so well!!

jwhytock
11-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Here here was trying to point out obvious shortcomings and systems that could.... prove to be workable your spot on though with the slagging off wasnt getting at any one directly only methods used by many companies

supermarketguy
11-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Well here we are all again, on the merry go round that is the Supermarket industry :rolleyes:

Who will stay and who will be tuped over and at the end of the contract will they be tuped again.

You would think that the retailers would after all these years start to take the hint that the way they operate is not working very well, probably with the exception of Asda. Who seem to have a good working relationship with their service contractor.

We only have to look at the stores and see whos stores are well maintained and not so well. The retailer will say that the service contractor is not providing the service that they expect and the service contractor is struggling to provide the service that they expect as there is no money to put in to provide training, apprentices etc.

The retailers spend Millions a year on advertising to the consumer on how they take the greatest care in provinding the best customer service. If they spent a fraction of that budget on giving there service contractors a bit extra, the service contractor would be able to provide the service that the retailer expects, bring in better engineers and acheive their ppms and kpi's that show the retailer that they are getting value for money.

It will be intresting to see how Tesco's next service contractor copes and i hope they have done their sums, for their employees sake.

At the end of the day it's all about tins of beans(rant over:()

jwhytock
11-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Spot on the money supermarketguy!
!! its the engineers who work there backsides off trying to do there best that always get hit with all the hassle of TUPE etc WHY CANT THE WORK BE SPREAD OUT EVENLY????????

chillled
20-02-2010, 09:48 PM
I'm told Carter's have a big slice of the tesco work, they announced to their engineers yesterday that they were going on salary and shifts!!! Not gone down well. look what happened to Kenyons, Westward etc!!! Wr appear to have retained some but will be serviced by dedicated engineers run separately from the local branch.

asitis
21-02-2010, 07:31 PM
re tesco..beleive space got the majority

Silhouette
21-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Space have 39% of the service work!

coolhibby1875
21-02-2010, 09:05 PM
i think tesco have split the uk into 4 regions with wr getting 1 region space getting 1 carter 1 and kb 1 region

Silhouette
21-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Space get the west, WR the east, Carter/KB the north and EMS the south east I beleive.

CAPTAINBIRDSEYE
21-02-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm told Carter's have a big slice of the tesco work, they announced to their engineers yesterday that they were going on salary and shifts!!! Not gone down well. look what happened to Kenyons, Westward etc!!! Wr appear to have retained some but will be serviced by dedicated engineers run separately from the local branch.

One word codswallop!

chillled
24-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Which bit??? What do you know? what you bringing to the party??
Just what i've heard on the local jungle drums!

CAPTAINBIRDSEYE
25-02-2010, 09:30 PM
try not to believe jungle drums they hurt your ears ....
seriously though i guess this is more about what wr have lost.... i cant believe how much has gone

kevmass
12-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Until WR gets some balls and tell the blokes whats happening it is limbo land
i got offered a tescos position but 12 hour shifts no over time pay until you have done 60 hours. i just think of leavin the rat race for good

tony--1
15-03-2010, 10:43 PM
i got offered a tescos position but 12 hour shifts no over time pay until you have done 60 hours(quote)

how much did they offer ?

kevmass
16-03-2010, 08:45 PM
think that would be unfair to put that in the thread some people might kick up a stink over that

tony--1
16-03-2010, 08:54 PM
ok not a problem lol

BigBadWilf
02-04-2010, 12:53 PM
i got offered a tescos position but 12 hour shifts no over time pay until you have done 60 hours(quote)

how much did they offer ?

They offered me £13.25 an hour no premium rate whilst driving and shifts, it looks like you could be crawling round Tesco for 60 hours a week all on single time, not worth moving for

kevmass
02-04-2010, 03:33 PM
some of us didn't get the choice i got told on wensday i'm being tupe'd accross to space

coolhibby1875
03-04-2010, 08:43 PM
was speaking to my mate today who works for KB, says they only have 6 engineers dedicated for the new tesco contract instead of the 22 they thought they would have in place, if thats true with only 1 week to go
then they will be up a creek without a paddle, i hope its gonna be a long hot summer:)

yorkshire
03-04-2010, 10:39 PM
6 engineers dedicated for the new tesco contract instead of the 22, only 1 week to go

That is one big oops if it is true :eek: Are WR not TUPEing engineers to KB in Scotland?

coolhibby1875
04-04-2010, 09:17 AM
That is one big oops if it is true :eek: Are WR not TUPEing engineers to KB in Scotland?

2 possibly 3 and those numbers were included in the 5.

its funny at the beginning of thread and other kb engineers gloating about winning this contract , where are they now? all running for cover.:D

richelli
04-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Lets face it with them t & c's, if your a half decent engineer and you can find a job else where you will be away as soon as you can.

simbarashe
04-04-2010, 12:55 PM
hie guys just finished my advanced level 3 diploma in refrigeration heating and air con,do u think i have a chance of getting job or i need more knowledge.

chad
04-04-2010, 01:11 PM
2 engineers tuped to KB from WR what a sham!!!!

CAPTAINBIRDSEYE
04-04-2010, 09:27 PM
i heard elvis works down my local kebab shop! and he used to work for woolworths and his sisters boyfriends next door neighbours cat got run over by a spaceship
my mate said she said she sells sea shells on the sea shore!!!!!!!!

CAPTAINBIRDSEYE
04-04-2010, 09:34 PM
was speaking to my mate today who works for KB, says they only have 6 engineers dedicated for the new tesco contract instead of the 22 they thought they would have in place, if thats true with only 1 week to go
then they will be up a creek without a paddle, i hope its gonna be a long hot summer:)
sorry but i think your mate must be elvis or maybe ET last i heard that company had about 120 staff up north

coolhibby1875
05-04-2010, 09:50 AM
sorry but i think your mate must be elvis or maybe ET last i heard that company had about 120 staff up north

hi captain not like you to reply with sarcism, they might have about 120 staff up here but they need at least all of them for thier other work, let's be hohnest we both know they cant get engineers for love,nor money up here and are using agencies i know lots of guy's that work for KB, sorry none called Elvis or ET and they are not intrested in doing the tesco's at all.

need to go now and take my HOUND DOG for a walk, hopefully its a nice night so i can look at the BLUE MOON better not wear my BLUE SUEDE SHOES though as my wife has a SUSPICIOUS MIND, and i dont want to end up in the HEART BREAK HOTEL

UH HU HU UH

CAPTAINBIRDSEYE
05-04-2010, 08:59 PM
lol atleast we can keep our sense of humour bud after all there only fridges
no idea bout up north but down this end companies can never have enough men i feel

chad
15-04-2010, 09:30 PM
W.R tuped 3 engineers

FreezerGeezer
21-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Personally I learned a LOT working on Tesco several years ago. Can't say I miss it at all, and it sounds like they're just getting worse & worse.
Anyone here ever been locked in 'until you fix it' by the b'stards?
We tried every sort of system to cope with the OOH demand, including shifts. What worked for us in the end was having 6 on standby doing a night each, no1 2 nights until you'd done a 'whole week' ie. Covered every day. Then bloke 7 took bloke 1's place & so on.
Losing an APV HT comp was always 'interesting'. I understand they've all been replaced with Enviropaks or similar now?
60 hours without OT??!! F. THAT! I know the U.K. is financialy stuffed, but that sounds like the ultimate mickey take!
GOOD LUCK to whatever poor sods get the work - YOU'LL NEED IT!
By the way, City are over here now too, having done the Asda thing with Coles. The coue of City guys I've bumped o to so far seem happy enough.

Chunk
24-04-2010, 01:01 AM
Anyone here ever been locked in 'until you fix it' by the b'stards?

Well as it happens! I was working on the roof a couple of nights ago and the security guard locked and tagged the door.It was 3 in the morning and the store wouldnt answer the phone so i had to shout at one of the ZOMBIES in the car park to tell someone i was up there,luckily they werent too drugged out of their minds and they got someone to unlock the door.

I`m loving Tesco:rolleyes:

YoungBoy
19-06-2010, 10:28 PM
ive practically just finished my apprentice training for a said large company an its not too bad! The key to training any lads coming through is the quality of engineers they work with, but, above all its the drive in the individual!!!

Et tu, Brute
20-06-2010, 12:35 AM
ive practically just finished my apprentice training for a said large company an its not too bad! The key to training any lads coming through is the quality of engineers they work with, but, above all its the drive in the individual!!!

Good luck with your career, as you mentioned try not to forget your drive.:)