PDA

View Full Version : Carel Pco3 controller Alarms

ICE/RUNNER
02-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Hi guys

I've got a Carel Pco3 controller that is designed to run 2 ac systems at once. Custom build so no tech support, am still waiting for manuals from the programming Eng.

System 1 is providing comfort cooling 4Kw
System 2 is providing server cooling 10kw

When the controller was first powered up it would not read the humidity levels for system one, due to the wrong software. Installed new software and that fault is gone.

Now however when the controller is powered up the following is displayed "IMPORTANT ALARM FIRE". Have reset all safety devices but am still getting the same alarm.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Brian_UK
02-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Are there any terminals that might connect to a fire system that need a link fitted?

VRVIII
02-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Hi,
I agree with Brian that sounds like there is a fire alarm shut down circuit in the new software. You could try scrolling through I/O (input/output) menu to see if there is a fire alarm shut down mentioned and which inputs should be closed circuit in a normal condition. (You may be able to change this input from N/C to N/O)

I'm sure you download the manual from Carel web site.

ICE/RUNNER
02-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the help

Went back to the prototype drawings there is a lock out that stops the systems running when the pressurisation fans are tripped presumably to prevent out side air from being drawn in.

Found air flow switch connected to inputs bypassed it system now starts, will have to remove lock out completely to make the system usable as system 2 must run all the time unit is powered up.

Thanks again for the quick reply guys.