PDA

View Full Version : Not Auto restart spilt unit

Akram Hamza
02-02-2010, 06:47 AM
Dears,

I have problem with spilt unit 2RT that not Auto restart (when the power failure )the spilt unit is not switched on again when power is on again ,its need to operated from remote control.
I need your support to fix this problem (make this spilt Auto restart ).
Remark: I need solution without change the control card for this spilt unit...

Thanks in advance for your efforts.

Akram.

goshen
02-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Dears,

I have problem with spilt unit 2RT that not Auto restart (when the power failure )the spilt unit is not switched on again when power is on again ,its need to operated from remote control.
I need your support to fix this problem (make this spilt Auto restart ).
Remark: I need solution without change the control card for this spilt unit...

Thanks in advance for your efforts.

Akram.
hi please elaborate on model and manufacture!:)

Akram Hamza
04-02-2010, 07:45 AM
Dear goshen,

Thanks for your replay, and the brand of spilt is MAAS (un Known brand) and it's chaina made..

superswill
04-02-2010, 06:46 PM
can you use a mimic wireless remote controller, building a daily on time into the 7 day schedule ?

http://www.ryanairconspares.com/advanced-engineering-mimic-universal-conditioning-remote-control-p-391.html

if compatible of cause

Akram Hamza
06-02-2010, 07:24 AM
Dear Paul,

Thanks for your efforts, are you tested this method practicaly befoer ? I' mean this remote make un auto restart control card working automaticly when power is on after outage ....
Thanks again & I'm waiting for your reply.

Akram

Akram Hamza
10-03-2010, 07:20 AM
Dears,

Any up date please?

Royal241
14-03-2010, 05:39 AM
I am not sure we understood your problem. We are not ignorant, just unclear. I take it this is a 2ton split AC and over there you have power failure (Iraq) and when the power is restored the unit stays off until you turn it on manually. Correct? If that's the case then I would rip the electronics out of the whole unit and turn it into a basic old fashion AC with a mercury thermostat. How about that?

Yuri B.
14-03-2010, 07:17 AM
Hello Akram.
Cheap models usually does not have the auto restart function.
Maybe you could also try supplying the AC through an UPS but the phase lead to the outside unit (compressor and outside fan) and the neutral to the inside unit's fan let pass through NO contacts of a contactor whose coil is supplied directly from the main's voltage. When power is off the electronics continues receiving power but compressor and the fans are stopped.

If you go for a less powerfull UPS then power to comp and fans should go directly from the mains through NO contacts of the PCB's relays. Then no additional contactor, but separated sypply of the PCB (from a small UPS) and the motors (from the mains but through the contacts of the relays on the PCB).

nike123
14-03-2010, 10:46 AM
I am not sure we understood your problem. We are not ignorant, just unclear. I take it this is a 2ton split AC and over there you have power failure (Iraq) and when the power is restored the unit stays off until you turn it on manually. Correct? If that's the case then I would rip the electronics out of the whole unit and turn it into a basic old fashion AC with a mercury thermostat. How about that?

That would not work since unit is probably (99%) heat-pump and need its electronic control.

nike123
14-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Solution could be to buy cheap universal remote and instead of rubber button install some relay to make contact on start stop button of that remote when power is present.
But problem is how to make that every time when power is lost, that modified remote also change its state from ON to OFF so next time when power is restored it send ON command and not OFF.
Maybe to use some programmable relay as ZELIO from Telemehanique but that make solution much more expensive.
Generally, next time watch what you are buying. Anyway, it will not live long with power quality in IRAQ (which I remember while I was there).;)

Royal241
14-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Do they need a heat pump over there?

nike123
14-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Do they need a heat pump over there?
In northern Iraq you have -10°C winter temperatures.

Royal241
15-03-2010, 05:24 AM
I think Yuri got you covered, he thinks like me as a kid growing up in Romania with nothing and still making things happen.

Akram Hamza
18-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Thanks, dears for help & kind support,

dear yuri B.
thanks a lot & its good idea to instal UPS with PCB of the A/C unit , but don't you think we can't instal this UPS inside the indoor unit because the large size for UPS &there is no space enough for it inside the indoor unit, and should be installed external by extension wire .
Thanks again, and sorry for not good my language....

AKRAM

Akram Hamza
02-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Hi
any update please:)

cadillackid
03-05-2010, 12:30 AM
this can be done but it will involve hacking the remote control signals from your unit and then being able to mimic them upon start-up... most of the better splits have power fail restart, however some of the lower end units will always default to off after power fail...

ive been pretty successful in hacking and re-transmitting split remote control signals, however they are *ALL* different than each other... you MIGHT be able to hook an IR-Blaster to a PC and use software such as Girder.. or I know for a Fact that a Global Cache GC-100 will learn, Mimic, and re-transmit air-conditioner remote codes.. the codes are typically long and in some form of binary in which every button transmit of the remote the mode, fan setting ,swing, set temp, and perhaps other parameters are sent.

keeping the electronics powered but using contactors to disconect the compressor and / fan drives will Likely result in the unit failing out on an error code and most units if they fail on a fan or compressor error code will either not reset on their own or will only try 3 times and then will error into a Hard fault which requires power cycling of the unit for it to try again (which does you no good)..

-Christopher

Akram Hamza
04-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks Christopher, but we still need more information about this issue ..

Akram.

Akram Hamza
22-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Hi
Any more solution about this problem?
Thanks.