PDA

View Full Version : YORK YCAR with remote chiller bundle

sho me1967
30-01-2010, 10:11 AM
After hours of digging I happened to stumble upon an installation manual for my YCAR0200SC46PAA chiller However the manual was for a package unit only. This thing is a remote condenser with a seperate chiller bundle. That being said. The number 1 comp had a severe breakdown. Broken everything!!!! maintenance guy said oil pressure issues from day one (Oil pressure failure actually). I have a sneaky suspicion we are not getting good oil return during low load conditions. These suction lines are huge.
Does anyone have a IOM for this remote unit so I can verify what needs done before submitting this bid for the comp replacement. I really dont like spending all that time and money to watch it self destruct in a year or so (IF im lucky)
Any help would be greatly appreciated

al
30-01-2010, 08:42 PM
hey Sho/hoopster

the reason for the lack of info (apart from yorks permanent obsession with secrecy!), is that this unit sounds like a special order or one a contractor created themselves.

i've seen a higher percentage of compressor failures on remote applications, any signs of liquid gathering on top the heads of the compressors? crankcase heaters ok? if the loop is shy of water you've got rapid start/stop, are the unloaders working/wired ok? what control package is fitted, millenium or other?

I'm assuming the compressors are recip?

btw whats business like on your side of the sea?

al