PDA

View Full Version : Trane CVHG problem

iceman007
29-12-2009, 08:02 AM
I have got a problem with a CVHG three stage centrifugal machine. On arrival this morning the machine was in fault, showing a phase loss fault, so checked it out. The start contactor pulls in for a second or so, drops out, pulls in again and drops out. The run or shorting contactors don't even pull in at all. I checked the mechanical interlock and that was OK, the CT's I decided to check, but thought I'd better look at the binding view first. I had 27 red faces. Nothing is bound. I tried to bind the components but nothing will bind. I can turn the LED's all on with a magnet, but when I try to bind the LED just goes out. I have the option on Techview to turn on and off all LED's, but it won't turn them on, so I had to use a magnet. For the individual components, the LED on and off options down the side is grayed out and not selectable, At first I thought it might have been the COM4 board, but now I think the controller may be faulty. I even unplugged the controller, plugged it back in and there's Comms Loss Motor Temperature 1, 2 and 3 faults which won't clear. IN addition there's a VCI Emmitter inside the control cabinet door, which has split (Although I don't actually think that's a factory fitted item)

Has anyone else had a problem like this one???

Thanks

centrecipew
30-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Hi, Does this unit have a 2 stage HP Switch? If so check that the second stage has not tripped.
Also check all neutral connections are made.
Good luck, and Happy New Year.