PDA

View Full Version : Sanyo SPW E04 Fault

Carlos100
19-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Hi

I have a Sanyo split system controller has E04 fault
(communications fault outdoor unit).
When I checked found main PCB not powered up although power supply ok to condenser.
Apparantly another company has already tried changing main pcb and power pcb with no effect.
There is a small compressor pcb with appears to have some damage to it. When I dissconnect the compressor from it the main pcb comes back to life
Compressor meters ok - although it may be seized.

Just wondered if anyone has similar experiance and does anyone have a technical manual for this unit

Sanyo SPWCR484GVH56

Thanks

techguy
04-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Hi Carlos,

The E04 is as you say a communication breakdown between the indoor unit and the outdoor unit.

If as you say the main PCB and Power Filter PCB has been changed then it is safe to assume these are OK.(although assumption is the mother of all **** ups)

So if you disconnect the HIC PCB does communication stabilise between the indoor unit and outdoor unit??

IE Does E04 vanish?? If not you may still have a problem with your Power filter PCB the voltage for communication is generated on this PCB

The compressor PCB is called a HIC pcb it's basically a transistor PCB. This can be tested as follows.

1. Disconnect the HIC + and HIC- wires and ensure <330 volts DC is present.
2. If Yes great switch off power. If not, not great maybe your Bridge Diode is faulty.
3. If Yes and power is switched off ensure the
Capacitors on the Power PCB have discharged Then disconnect all wiring from the HIC PCB and check the resistance across the differant terminals as follows

HIC+ to HIC - 200 Kohms or more
HIC+ to U 300 Kohms or more
HIC+ to V 300 Kohms or more
HIC+ to W 300 Kohms or more
HIC- to U 200 Kohms or more
HIC- to V 200 Kohms or more
HIC -to W 200 Kohms or more

Outside the above the HIC PCB is faulty if this is faulty it is likely the compressor has caused this damage.

As you have said the compressor may be sized if so. I would recommend changing the HIC PCB and the compressor.

Sorry about doc can't upload because of site limitations drop me a pvt message with a mail address and I'll send you a manual.

T