PDA

View Full Version : panasonic--daikin help

bigrac
16-12-2009, 09:36 PM
hi guys, been working on a panasonic vrv which i think is basically just a daikin. the fault codes and controls are the same etc.. one problem i getting though is on one system all the controls wont switch over due to the central control icon. but i cant find the master control, there is no bms or anything. on a daikin i seem to remember a while ago switching the the master control to another control, i cant remember which buttons you hold though.. the control looks basically like panasonics version of a daikin BRC1D527
any help much appreciated

Contactor
16-12-2009, 11:28 PM
just re-set the controllers as per daikin vrv and allocate one of your choice for the main control.

VRVIII
17-12-2009, 12:10 AM
hi guys, been working on a panasonic vrv which i think is basically just a daikin. the fault codes and controls are the same etc.. one problem i getting though is on one system all the controls wont switch over due to the central control icon. but i cant find the master control, there is no bms or anything. on a daikin i seem to remember a while ago switching the the master control to another control, i cant remember which buttons you hold though.. the control looks basically like panasonics version of a daikin BRC1D527
any help much appreciated

Hi,

Could you confirm if this is a heat pump (2 pipe) or heat recovery (3 pipe) system?

I would suspect you have a heat pump, if this is the case you should have 1 master indoor unit with no central control icon displayed on the controller.
To select another indoor as master: Hold down the mode button on the existing master controller (with no cent control icon) until a flashing cent control icon is displayed, then press the mode button once on the controller connected to the unit you want to be master.

Also check the position dip switch DS1/1 on the outdoor PCB, this should be set to IND to allow a master indoor to select the operation mode. If this has been set to OUT all indoors controllers will display cent control icon, the heat cool change over is then selected by the ABC connections located on outdoor unit PCB. If nothing has been connected to the terminals and the dip switch is set to OUT the unit will be locked on cooling mode.