PDA

View Full Version : MBM two door fridge

monkey spanners
16-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Changed a noisey condenser fan motor on one of these today. Original was a 12/40 watt and the nearest i had was a 10/40 watt, same physical size, so hoping this will be ok, run current was below max on the label but i don't usually put the amp probe on this size motor to know whats normal for these. So whats your opinion re the 2 watt difference. 254mm fan 26' pitch.

The other thing i noticed as being a bit odd is the condenser was blowing through, rather than sucking through, checked the new and old motors and both going the same way and also the direction matched that of the arrow on the fan blade.

Now that i think of it the condenser was pretty blocked and im not sure which way the pitch went on the fan, maybe it was recurculating due to blocked condenser.
Anyone know which was is normal for these?

I have to go back with some new door seals so i think i will blow it out with some ofn.

spimps
16-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Have seen some motors that blow,check fan for imprint of either metal washer from screw or the plastic fan fitting with the spigots to see which way the fan fitted.
Sounds a near enough motor swap,especially if the condenser is cleaned,always check the sub cooling if in doubt.
BG

monkey spanners
17-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Cheers spimps,

Yeah, i checked the marks left by the washer etc on the blade and i'm pretty sure i put it back the same way, will check again when i go back, was in a rush as customer was waiting to go out.

Turns out MBM are just badge engineered imported stuff by a company thats gone bust, so not much hope of getting door seals/gaskets.

Have found a company that will make some to order and have got about ten pages of profiles to try and match the existing ones. Oh joy :(

Clk320_Greg
17-12-2009, 07:06 PM
In the last few weeks ive come accross a lot of chinese stuff thats been imported and now the producer has gone bust, i recon one of there sales men went round all the pubs round here and made a killing, "LTH" or somthing was the brand.

Luckly the compressors and fans are eaisly replaced from climate with universal parts and the electronics with an eliwell controler!

craigpcg
18-12-2009, 08:00 PM
In the last few weeks ive come accross a lot of chinese stuff thats been imported and now the producer has gone bust, i recon one of there sales men went round all the pubs round here and made a killing, "LTH" or somthing was the brand.

Luckly the compressors and fans are eaisly replaced from climate with universal parts and the electronics with an eliwell controler!

LTH good what a night mare these thing are. Iv must have about 15-20 customer that all need door gaskets for these things and absolutly no were can get a hold of them including collins ltd and to get them custom made aint worth it.

The customer's aint happy chappys but there's nothing we can do. But the customer as usual cant understand that so iv sold them some decent foster hr150's to easy the pain but the rest of them are just holding of till the EHO arrives then they will get the replaced.

Clk320_Greg
19-12-2009, 07:38 PM
LTH good what a night mare these thing are. Iv must have about 15-20 customer that all need door gaskets for these things and absolutly no were can get a hold of them including collins ltd and to get them custom made aint worth it.

The customer's aint happy chappys but there's nothing we can do. But the customer as usual cant understand that so iv sold them some decent foster hr150's to easy the pain but the rest of them are just holding of till the EHO arrives then they will get the replaced.

To be fair to them, so far theyve been fairly reliable. With 6 sites with them theres a total of 15 of the dam things! but in all fairness ive only done 1 compressor and 3 fans in the last 2 years! Just a worry knowing you cant get parts!

Any idea what happened to LTH then? Was it a one hit wonder?

craigpcg
20-12-2009, 03:44 AM
To be fair to them, so far theyve been fairly reliable. With 6 sites with them theres a total of 15 of the dam things! but in all fairness ive only done 1 compressor and 3 fans in the last 2 years! Just a worry knowing you cant get parts!

Any idea what happened to LTH then? Was it a one hit wonder?

A deffo ! hit wonder there justba total pain, i think a long the lines of a sales man making a bomb and not really bothering about the after sales of them

coolhibby1875
29-12-2009, 11:12 AM
thats sales men for you the never think about anything other than targets, margins and bonus thats why i dispise them weather they are selling fridges cars of anything they will shaft you as soon as look at you