PDA

View Full Version : Danfoss Solenoid Valves

ice_cold
13-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Hello,

I am trying to make a solenoid valve selection from
Danfoss catalogue

As an example let's say i am going to use the valve at the liquid line of a system running with R134a.

The values given at the table related (page 8) are for the conditions of Te:-10 C SH:0 and T1 (the temperature ahead of valve): 25C

Supposing that i have got a Qe of 10 kW. And the conditions for Te and SH are totally different from above mentioned.
How should i be able to choose a valve? There are correction factors at the table given at the very same page but it is only for T1. There are no correction factors for Te and SH.

Thank you for your answers

PS: Sorry for posting the link as image. The site does not let me post URLs yet!

ice_cold
13-12-2009, 09:10 PM
My bad. I could also send the catalogue as an attachment.
Here it is!

By the way it is PAGE 11 not 83242

DEVIL
14-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Hello

it's easier if you go the software way on the highway

I posted the link below to the selection software
and there you can input all the conditions you want for all the expansion valves from danfoss, and it shows the correct capacity for any conditions

http://www.danfoss.com/North_America/BusinessAreas/Refrigeration+and+Air+Conditioning/Product+Selection+Tools+Details/CoolCat.htm

ice_cold
14-12-2009, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=DEVIL;170432]Hello

it's easier if you go the software way on the highway

I posted the link below to the selection software
and there you can input all the conditions you want for all the expansion valves from danfoss, and it shows the correct capacity for any conditions

Hi devil!

Thanks, i know the coolcat. But i'm trying to get the idea of what goes on scientifically.
I would be so grateful if you can write your comments on my question after seeing the document i attached.

Cheers

Toosh
15-12-2009, 05:57 AM
Hello,

I am trying to make a solenoid valve selection from
Danfoss catalogue

As an example let's say i am going to use the valve at the liquid line of a system running with R134a.

The values given at the table related (page 8) are for the conditions of Te:-10 C SH:0 and T1 (the temperature ahead of valve): 25C

Supposing that i have got a Qe of 10 kW. And the conditions for Te and SH are totally different from above mentioned.
How should i be able to choose a valve? There are correction factors at the table given at the very same page but it is only for T1. There are no correction factors for Te and SH.

Thank you for your answers

PS: Sorry for posting the link as image. The site does not let me post URLs yet!

Hi again cool, You are jumping the gun a bit when a system is designed you will know the suction and liquid line sizes that is when you select a liquid line solenoid according to line size the duty of the system and pressure drop in the liquid line which should be kept to a minimum
go to this site its free you just need to sign up when you select download it will ask for your details and read its good reading.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/20982762/Refrigerant-Piping-Design-Guide

Regards Norm :D