PDA

View Full Version : r417a maneurop r22 compressor

ryscaff
02-12-2009, 02:07 PM
just bought an maneurop comp for an acrokool water chiller system at work, i tried using 417a it really didn't like it.suction pressure no where near then the compressor died on us 2k down the pan. back on r22 for the very short time being, has any body else had problems with the maneurop compressor ? is it the gas compatability that they're saying or are they try to avoid the warranty and it was a duff compressor? any help would be appreciated.

monkey spanners
02-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Why did the old compressor fail?
Why did the new compressor fail?

If it was a new compressor why not have bought an R404A ester oil one if thier R22 comps won't run with HFC refrigerants?

lowcool
02-12-2009, 09:49 PM
if i get a chance to be rid of these over rated anchors i do.

paul thompson
03-12-2009, 02:00 PM
:)
just bought an maneurop comp for an acrokool water chiller system at work, i tried using 417a it really didn't like it.suction pressure no where near then the compressor died on us 2k down the pan. back on r22 for the very short time being, has any body else had problems with the maneurop compressor ? is it the gas compatability that they're saying or are they try to avoid the warranty and it was a duff compressor? any help would be appreciated.
ive recently replaced r22 charge with r 417a . it ,s a cellar cooling plant operating room temp = +11c .got a r22 maneurop condensing unit .seems to be running fine .:p:).

hyperion
04-12-2009, 08:11 AM
I thought that all of the Maneurope compressors were supplied with compatible oil which should be backwards compatible with R22 and R417A. As previously asked, what caused the first compressor to fail?